Start etching from bottom and Etching Effieciently

firmwareengineer

Start etching from bottom and Etching Effieciently

Post by firmwareengineer »

HI

I have 2 questions.

1) I am doing light etching of various pictures. I want the laser to start from the bottom of the pic and works its way up toward the top of the unit where the laser resides. Currently it starts at the top and works it way to the bottom of the unit. I'm sure there is a software switch but for the life of me I dont see where that option is.

2) I have some simple features I want to engrave into my material. I have attached a pic. The laser does this very inefficiently, it basically paints back and forth the entire material making one dot at a time. For something like this I would think that the laser would see it as some basic vector shapes. Similar to when you draw a square in the laswer cad software and it just quickly runs around the edge of the square. Is there a certain file format I should output to inorder to make the laswer see it as a simple shape from adobe illustrator?

Thanks
Attachments
Order 1068-01.jpg
musher2d

Re: Start etching from bottom and Etching Effieciently

Post by musher2d »

I’m very new to the laser game but I have found if you set each etching box as a different color or layer with the same settings it seems to see it as separate operations and will etch one at a time.

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”