Image out of limits

Mcaughey

Image out of limits

Post by Mcaughey »

I have finished my upgrade from stock K40 to X7 DSP with Z-Table, and all the little extras, thanks to everyone. I even made the first set of engraves, a project for my wife. That was some simple text on balsa wood. Simple design I created in RayCam.

Now on to one the things I want to do with it. I want to create PCB designs. I have the design in BMP format. I wrote a little java app to outline the traces, worked great. Now I want to load it into RayCam, so I imported it. I downloaded it to the DSP over COM port, I see the design on the screen. But when I hit start, I get an out of limit error. How do I fix that?

Can I set the origin relative to the image?

"Engrave Beyond Limit."

I have the um set correctly as well.

No matter where I move it in the drawing space in RayCam I get the out of limits. Its like 66 mm x 33 mm.

I even took the original trace BMP and used RayCams outline. Then deleted the original bmp. That works, kind of. I get the out of limits warning, continue? If I continue it draws about 1/2 of it on the left side of the work space. So I get the right 1/2 of the pcb engraved. The outline feature doesn't carve enough paint from the pcb.

Either way I've been looking to figure out how to set the origin relative to what I want to engrave. I have the 9 box set to the upper left and I see the blue dot in the upper left. I have my origin set to x = 0 y = 40, and even if I set the orgin on the machine to x=70, y = 40 it still goes back to the orginal location and engraves exactly the same.
Mcaughey

[Closed] Re: Image out of limits

Post by Mcaughey »

Since Marco helped me on another thread I thought I would write up what was happening here.

I had read through the FAQ and missed understood a few things an we identified a few other things that should have were not in the FAQ but I should have set up right. You don't know what you don't know sometimes. I know now. :-)

I did have the UM set correctly. That matters with this problem. um affects scaling.

1) I had Machine zero and page zero set to Upper left. You find both in the Menu > Option > System Options > Work space.
2) I didn't have the Relative Position set right, I had to change it to also be upper left. You find that Menu > Option > Relative Position.
3) I had set the X and Y range to 300 x 200 which is the work space for the K40. You do that in Menu > Option > System Options > Manufacture Parameters.

Now my work space matches the space in the K40. Engraving with precision is now possible.
Rdmcconnell

Re: Image out of limits

Post by Rdmcconnell »

This is my problem!! Thank you for posting this update to your question!!
mrsunnylam

Re: Image out of limits

Post by mrsunnylam »

One time, I had clicked in an area far from my work piece(It left a dot), and the work space was stretched "OUT OF BOUNDS"

I had to learn the hard way

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”