Non-CAD Cutting

AndyKunz

Non-CAD Cutting

Post by AndyKunz »

For the past few months I have been building a cutter from a LightObject.com kit, almost exactly the same as the cutter I built for myself a year earlier. The owner doesn't know how to use any true CAD packages, and really likes Corel. How do I get his LO-X7 system to cut from Corel? I have been turning up zilch using Google.

Thanks.

Andy
Tech_Marco

Re: Non-CAD Cutting

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi Andy

Regardless what 3rd party software your client is using, he must use LaserCad (will be renamed later) to do cutting or engraving control. He can install the LaserCad's plugin for Corel X5, X6, or X7
So, just one click from the Coreldraw will export the graphics direct to the LaserCad

Marco
(In China)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Or....
He can export the file from Corel to a .PLT file then import the file into LaserCad
That is what I do because I own the "Student" version of Corel which doesn't allow macros.

Larry
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I already mentioned the X8 to the programmer. He will take care the issue. Need some time though.

Marco
AndyKunz

Post by AndyKunz »

Thanks for all the help, guys. He's now making his own drawings in Corel and exporting them as DXFs that cut perfectly.

Another VERY happy customer!

Andy
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

We were discussing Open source and he agreed to open some ports for folks to custom made code for either features addon or user interface design. We are working on the issue now. He was just a little big confused what to open and to what extend

Marco

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”