When will the new Software arrive and how will I get a copy

TheSniper

When will the new Software arrive and how will I get a copy

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
New thread to ask questions about the new software.
how why where when etc...

Question1:
When it does arrive. How can we/I be notified of its arrival so that I may be among the first to give it a try?

Excited!
-Sam
Tech_Marco

Re: When will the new Software arrive and how will I get a c

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sam:

The only way to know in the mean time is that you need to come to the Support forum often. I will post a new update once I received it from the programmer.

In the future, I may send update through email to whom has purchased the DSP card from us

Marco
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
Thanks for the reply. Thankfully I do spend time trolling the forum.
Im eager to try it!
-Sam
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
Curious, its been a few months hows the new software coming along,. Im sure many of us are eager to hear something.
~Sam
TheSniper wrote:Marco,
New thread to ask questions about the new software.
how why where when etc...

Question1:
When it does arrive. How can we/I be notified of its arrival so that I may be among the first to give it a try?

Excited!
-Sam
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I will get a taste of the new software sometimes on next week. Programmer Li said that he has completed a few new tasks on the LaserCad, like ramping, gray-scale, U axis for rotary. and may be more.

FYI, if you need to take advantage of the new software, you need to send your card to me to perform firmware upgrade. There is $15 fee required for the services and you're responsible for the shipping cost. Once upgraded, you will be allowed to use all new added features in the new development for another year.

For folks who doesn't need the new features, it is totally fine to use standard version LaserCad without fee. Remember that the new change is solely applying to the LO DSP controller and take a lot of effort to make it possible. People who didn't buy from us or has this firmware updated, the software won't work. BTW, I will come up a new name for new software.

Thanks
Marco
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
Curious, After, the firmware update will the "Old/Original" software still work?
~Sam

Tech_Marco wrote:I will get a taste of the new software sometimes on next week. Programmer Li said that he has completed a few new tasks on the LaserCad, like ramping, gray-scale, U axis for rotary. and may be more.

FYI, if you need to take advantage of the new software, you need to send your card to me to perform firmware upgrade. There is $15 fee required for the services and you're responsible for the shipping cost. Once upgraded, you will be allowed to use all new added features in the new development for another year.

For folks who doesn't need the new features, it is totally fine to use standard version LaserCad without fee. Remember that the new change is solely applying to the LO DSP controller and take a lot of effort to make it possible. People who didn't buy from us or has this firmware updated, the software won't work. BTW, I will come up a new name for new software.

Thanks
Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the standard LaserCad after the upgrade because the software is protected. However, you can do upgrade reversed if you don't like the new software or the feature and stick with the current software.
A reserved patch is required if you want to 'U turn'

Marco
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Marco, Thanks for the answers!

Lets say one does the upgrade,. And then decides they would rather go back to the original software/firmware. Does this mean they have to send the unit back to have it Re-flashed back to the first firmware too?

Sounds like people will have to take a $$ chance if they will like the new software. and if not then more $$ not to mention the "down time of no controller"

~Sam
Tech_Marco wrote:Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the standard LaserCad after the upgrade because the software is protected. However, you can do upgrade reversed if you don't like the new software or the feature and stick with the current software.
A reserved patch is required if you want to 'U turn'

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

No need to return it for downgrade. I can send a special patch to one who has upgraded the card but didn't like it and want to downgrade.

It is not a essential software to run the DSP. It is an modified version and not everyone need it anyway. No reason to turn off your production machine and run the upgrade because your machine is already running in the production, right?

FYI, all future DSP card we're selling, the firmware will be patched and run on the new software. People can select downgrade and runs on the standard LaserCad.

Marco
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
I see all good info.

Q1: Will it just be a variation/versioning of the existing LaserCad.
Q2: Its the same name software?
Q3: Will we be able to view the software first. (play with the features) Then decide to firmware update? OR not...

I know you have put alot of effort an time into this project. Let me be the first one to say "Thank you!"

~Sam

Tech_Marco wrote:No need to return it for downgrade. I can send a special patch to one who has upgraded the card but didn't like it and want to downgrade.

It is not a essential software to run the DSP. It is an modified version and not everyone need it anyway. No reason to turn off your production machine and run the upgrade because your machine is already running in the production, right?

FYI, all future DSP card we're selling, the firmware will be patched and run on the new software. People can select downgrade and runs on the standard LaserCad.

Marco
Q*bert

Post by Q*bert »

Tech_Marco wrote:Once upgraded, you will be allowed to use all new added features in the new development for another year.
So what happens after one year? Do we need to pay another $15 every year?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

No, you don't need to pay for the version you have paid. You can use it for the rest of the DSP card can last. Plus, it will be free of charge for small update. However, if there is a major change that need great effort to develop it, then I may ask for a little fee but most likely you don't need to return it for upgrade.

In the near future, we may do 'Open sources' and you can program the user interface or add extra feature you like. But the core source won't be opened to the public though. Li, the programmer will provide ports for to link your code and the controller. I don't know how soon he will provide the open source but at lease he is has that in mind which I think is good. I been asking him for over a year and finally I see the light. :idea:

Marco
als

Post by als »

Tech_Marco wrote:No, you don't need to pay for the version you have paid. You can use it for the rest of the DSP card can last. Plus, it will be free of charge for small update. However, if there is a major change that need great effort to develop it, then I may ask for a little fee but most likely you don't need to return it for upgrade.

In the near future, we may do 'Open sources' and you can program the user interface or add extra feature you like. But the core source won't be opened to the public though. Li, the programmer will provide ports for to link your code and the controller. I don't know how soon he will provide the open source but at lease he is has that in mind which I think is good. I been asking him for over a year and finally I see the light. :idea:

Marco
That is good news! Open Source will help.
-Andrew
TheSniper

Re: When will the new Software arrive and how will I get a copy

Post by TheSniper »

Marco,
Curious hows this coming. I see its been many months Not to be critical or anything. but its hard to stay excited in this fast paced world.
Im reluctant to send my controller back. is it possible to just buy the controller head? or board no other parts? and just swap the boars and or head?
if this is possible what would an expected/estimated cost be? plus any insight into when the software will be available? to view. even if we cant actually use it?

-~Sam
OzAdr1an

Re: When will the new Software arrive and how will I get a copy

Post by OzAdr1an »

I have similar issues. I sent Marco a PM but haven't got a response - I guess he gets bombarded by them.

I'm reluctant to send my Controller back to the US as I live internationally, and here in Thailand, I will get stiffed for import Duty and VAT all over again.

So I offered to sign agreements and NDA's and declerations etc, as frankly, returning my whole controller would cost basically 50-60% of buying a new one - given I only purchased my latest one (the LO-X7) a few months back and have spent a reasonable lot of money with LO over the years, I'd love to come to some other arrangement.

Keen for alternative arrangements for myself, and I guess other folk in a similar boat to myself.

Adrian
Last edited by OzAdr1an on Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”