Has Anyone Seen This??? I NEED HELP!!!

Flex101

Has Anyone Seen This??? I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Flex101 »

Hello,
I’m the owner of a Chinese K40 Laser and I really need. I’ve made several upgrades and now I’m not sure what’s going on with my machine.

I will list the upgrades in the order they were done and the problems I’ve encountered up until now.
1. Replaced Nano M2 Controller[/b] with Mini Gerbil Controller
2. Replaced stock Laser Head with Air Assist Laser Head.
3. Replaced stock K40 12mm focal lens with Clear USA ZnSe 12mm lens.
4. Replaced stock K40 laser tube with 35w STI laser tube.
5. Replaced stock 16L/min water pump with a 20L/min water pump.

My problems first started when I started noticing severe power lose. I then discovered that the laser “end cap” came off of the business end of my laser tube.
I believe the “end cap” came off due to “bubbles” in laser tube caused by my weak 16L/min water pump and I was running the machine right at 24 degrees Celsius.

I reattached the “end cap” with epoxy, but I never regained the original power, so I purchased a new 35w laser tube from Lightobject.

After installing the new laser tube everything worked great for a couple of hours. Then I started noticing the loss of power again. This is also when I first discovered the water pump was causing bubbles in the laser tube. This is when I made the assumption that the “bubbles” must have caused the first laser tube failure.

Yesterday, I installed the new water pump and aligned the mirrors. My first cut was 3mm acrylic and it cut through in one pass (but still not as powerful as when the tube was first installed a couple days before). When I attempted to make a second cut in the acrylic, I noticed the laser stopped cutting but the laser head was still moving. I then saw a BRIGHT light from the near the business end of the laser tube. It appears the laser was FRYING my 1st mirror closet to the laser output side.

Now, I’m not sure what the problem is and I desperately need HELP!!! I don’t know where to even start.

I’ve attached photos of the latest damage and I’m seeking any suggestions as what to replace, purchase, reset etc.

Thank You!!!
Attachments
Mirror #1 Burnt.jpg
Mirror #1 in Cover.jpg
Laser-Mirror.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Has Anyone Seen This??? I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Tech_Marco »

It seems that the coating of your mirror was damaged and laser beam could not be reflected by 100% so heat accumulated. what you need to do is to get the mirror replaced by "Si”. Then it should put you?back into business

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”