X7 Engraving help

bkdaaa

X7 Engraving help

Post by bkdaaa »

Help I am stuck. I cannot get past Engrave Beyond Border Limits for any engraving file. I can cut at fast speeds in the same area, I can also do the box to show the area I have an engraving file. At this point my settings are probably so combobulated on the DSP I may need to reset it. I have centered my object, slowed down speeds for engraving, sped up my accelerations to 100000, and any other settings Ithough may help. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone could share a config settings that does work? Any ideas are welcome at this point.
Thanks,
Doug
Techgraphix

Re: X7 Engraving help

Post by Techgraphix »

As you have centered the object, increased the acceleration and lowered the speed, i can only think of having the size-settings of your workarea different from the actual workspace, in relation to your homepoint.
Do you use homing? (your head will move to the corner you selected as homepoint after power-on)
My machine works perfect for years now but i doubt my setting will work for you, as your machine is certainly verry different from mine..
(the machine i designed is copied about 20 times, as far a i know.. but they all use different settings )
Kees
bkdaaa

Re: X7 Engraving help

Post by bkdaaa »

Thanks, I am starting to think it is a software setup thing between softwares. I drew a new control panel in LaserCad for my upgraded K40 and was able to cut the panel and engrave the lettering on it no problem. If I import a file after working on the file in Corel X7 or Gimp is when I seem to have trouble. So working all of that out now probably be a few days before I can test my theory. I will post results as soon as I check that out. I have to say the team at Light Object still supported me even though I bought my kit in 2015 and just now got around to finishing it!

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”