Laser burnt a hole in the mirror

Winstonc

Laser burnt a hole in the mirror

Post by Winstonc »

So my k40 conversion to x7 DSP and a 45w (50w max) LO tube and 40-60w LPSU is done and working great up to just now when the second mirror (on the gantry) just had the laser burn a hole in it and crack. It looks like the laser burnt through the reflective coating.

The mirrors were clean. The first mirror from the laser is still fine. I had put a new mirror and lens in the LO head.

I was running the tube at 16mA (18mA is the max for the tube). It had been running for about 5mins when it went.

Is this just the result of a bad Chinese lens or is there something else going on?

Any recommendations on what mirror to replace it with. (20mm)

Thanks

David
Attachments
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
Tech_Marco

Re: Laser burnt a hole in the mirror

Post by Tech_Marco »

It seems that you have a defect mirror. Just replace it with a Si mirror (not the gold plated on glass) and you Will be fine

Marco
Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Thanks Marco, already placed an order for 2 Si mirrors with you to replace both. Head mirror already done. Probably the 45w laser I ordered from you as part of my upgrades pushed it to its limit ;)

David
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Certain of our 45W tube May output over 50W at 18mA So better pay a little attention on it. All Our tube were tested before shipped and we make sure that the output power must be over the rating it was label. ;)

Most K40 or simliar machine come wirh lower grade mirrors and lens. It is OK for 40W or smaller tube. If you upgraded to our 45W tube, you May want to upgrade the optics as well

Let me know If you have any question

Marco
Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Thanks Marco,

I already upgraded the lens and the mirror in the LO laser head to a 20mm Si mirror and an improved 18mm ZnSe 50.8mm focus lens which I assume should be fine for the tube.

Thanks

David

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”