Z table not working

KoolZombie

Z table not working

Post by KoolZombie »

Hi, just got a Z table from you guys a few weeks ago and it doesn't work. If I try moving the motor on its own through my controller, it moves perfectly, but when I install the timing belt it just makes a buzzing noise and it doesn't move at all. Is there any way I can return this item and get a new one? Maybe this one is defective.
tansh

Re: Z table not working

Post by tansh »

Please make sure that the wirings A+A-/B+B- or UVW are connected correctly. Improper wiring could cause the phenomenon as decribed by you.
KoolZombie

Post by KoolZombie »

The wiring is 100% right, I can make it move both directions with my controller, it's when I install the belt that it stops working. I am using the rated 1.9a current, tried setting it lower (0.9) and higher (2.0) on increments of 0.1, tried loosening and thightening the belt and it still doesn't work with the belt. I think it has to do with the lead screws but I have no way of testing that.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need not to tight up the screws. Leave the screw a little lose and make sure the table is level. Plus, use lower micro stepping to improve the torque like 800 or 1600

Marco
KoolZombie

Post by KoolZombie »

I just realized my motor has never ran well. it kind of wants to move, but it stutters and never moves. I am using the recommended current of 2 as per this page but no luck. I set my pairs as orange+brown (aa) and yellow+red (bb). Still no go. To further complicate things, according to the aforementioned page, the stepper model is 42HS03 and uses a current of 2A. I wanted more info on this stepper and found this page with totally different specs. How come?

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”