Z-Table motor wiring

jjpumphrey

Z-Table motor wiring

Post by jjpumphrey »

Has anyone successfully wired a 42HS03 motor to a ZLM3020 driver and wired the driver to a AWC608 DSP?

I just bought the z table and getting ready to wire the electronics in, just need some info. I cannot find anything on any of the electronic parts.

Thank you to anyone who can assist.

jjpumphrey
tansh

Re: Z-Table motor wiring

Post by tansh »

Basically the connection for the Z-axis is the same as the X-axis and Y-axis. PUL and DIR from the DSP go to PUL- and DIR- at the stepper driver respectively. DC5V from the DSP go to PUL+ and DIR+. The more tricky part is to determine the Phase A (A- and A+)and Phase B (B- and B+) of the motor. I believe your motor has 4 color wires. With a multi meter, check for conductivity of the paired wires. The conducted pair is your Phase A or Phase B coil. You could then connect the paired wires to A- and A+ or B- and B+ at the driver. If your motor doesn't move in the intended direction, then just swap the 2 pair of wires vice versa. Or if the motor making squeaky noises after power up, then swap either A- and A+ wires or B- and B+. Switching the polarity of either (one) coil, like changing ABCD to BACD or ABCD to ABDC. I hope you get my explanation.

Stepper direction can also be reversed in the LaserCad software.

download/manual/DSPConnection.pdf
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Motor connection: A+/A- Red/Yellow, B+/B- Orange/Brown
You can use a DVM with continuity check to find the pair. If open (no sound or reading from the Ohm resistance check), it is not paired. Otherwise, it should either beep or show you some resistance

Marco
jjpumphrey

Post by jjpumphrey »

Tansh and Marco, thank you very much for the reply. I got it wired and now trying to set the parameters. I am using a ZLM3020 driver connected to a AWC608 DSP. I have the driver set for 2 amps and 200 pulse/rev to match the motor stepping. In the LaserCad settings for the z-axis in manufacturer settings, I am trying to set the Um/Pulse setting so when the DSP display shows the table moved says 15mm, it actually moves the amount displayed. I tried the sub menu with the 3 dots (...) to put in the amount expected and what I actually got and from that the motor just whines and does not move. I get better movement with a setting of 8 or higher but it still is not accurate. The display will show a movement of 60mm for full travel but it actually moves 33mm.

Is there a known good value for the motor and driver when connected to a AWC608?

Thanks again for your assistance.

jjpumphrey
jjpumphrey

Post by jjpumphrey »

It seems a setting of 5.8 Um/Pulse gives me a movement of 52mm that is being displayed as 60mm movement. Any lower and the motor just makes a squealing noise and does not move. Are there any other settings to correct the movement being displayed.

Thanks again!

jjpumphrey
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

What is your microstep-setting on the ZLM3020?
When you set it lower, your um/step increases.. For instance: when your drive is set to 6400 (=1/32) you need something like 5um/step (this gives you a problem)
Now, when you set the drive to 3200 (=1/16) you will get twice as much um/step... in this example 10um/step..
Maybe this solves your problem..
Normally a value lower than ~ 2.0 can give problems. Lower than 1.0 can not be entered.

Kees
tansh

Post by tansh »

200 pulse/rev seems too low. Mine is set at 1600. What is your "Range" setting in Z_Axis? I set my Range at 600, which give me an actual travel distance of 60mm. So, every indication of 100 in the controller means 10mm actual travel distance. My um is set at 6.3. Hope it helps.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”