Help with Engraving Pictures

Ztiep

Help with Engraving Pictures

Post by Ztiep »

So I just got the X7 DSP controller upgrade. I am loving how easy it is to upload stuff with the screen. Only issue I am having right now is with engraving pictures. I ordered a new lens with a smaller focus point, but I am still having issue with it cutting right. Below is an example of what I mean. The picture is from a tutorial about converting picture to be laser cut. I followed everything but yet the results with the same setup and "what I think are the" same setting look nothing really like what the person posted. I think there is a setting or tweak or tip I am missing. I am also having issue with other pictures that I will post later where the DSP's screen shows a black line (like an outline for the character) in the engraving but only gives it like 5% power when cutting the black line so all you see on the wood is a small line that is not even dark at all. Even when I change the power it does not seem to make much of a difference. The picture attached is the one I made.

The Guide I followed: http://www.instructables.com/id/Prepare ... engraving/

Picture of the one that they did that was the same settings as mine: https://cdn.instructables.com/FJC/83MI/ ... .LARGE.jpg

If anyone can share any tips or tricks or guides it would really be appreciated anything helps I mainly did the upgrade to do photo engraving.
Attachments
IMG_20161103_233049.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Help with Engraving Pictures

Post by Tech_Marco »

It seems that the power level was set to too low or speed was set to too high
Make sure you don't reverse the TTL and PWM connection. If you did, you see no power level adjustable.

Marco
Dsthings

Re: Help with Engraving Pictures

Post by Dsthings »

So do you have to do the upgrade to get a decent picture?

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”