Just bought a new K40 machine

godfrey

Just bought a new K40 machine

Post by godfrey »

Hello new friends!

I just purchased one of the small blue/white 40 Watt engravers on eBay last night and should take delivery within the next week or so. I'd like to immediately proceed to upgrading the machine, and had a couple of questions on parts...I know for under $290 I'm really just buying a case and so-so tube.

Beyond the DSP and stepper motor drivers, can anyone recommend additional parts? Are there better stepper motors, guide wheels, mirrors and optical mounts, z-axis tables that you've added to your machines or are some of the parts that ship with the unit good enough to start with?

Was thinking about the X7 DSP upgrade kit, so just wanted to know what other parts I should throw in the shopping cart while I'm at it. :)

Thanks!

Phil
godfrey

Re: Just bought a new K40 machine

Post by godfrey »

Sooooo... It arrived, undamaged and fully functional (within the limits of it's dumb software and controller). I will probably end up purchasing the AWC708C Plus DSP and a couple of Gecko G203V (or G213V) stepper motor drivers and other miscellaneous parts.

The version I have came with the M2 Nano board. Both steppers have extra long, 4 wire leads (no flat flex cable) and has X-Y limit switches. The other accessories they ship with the machine (water pump, exhaust fan and exhaust tubing) are junk. They're destined for the recycling bin soon.

It's a neat little machine that I look forward to working on. Not bad for $291 with free shipping. :)

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”