Differences between DSP controllers

5thumbs

Differences between DSP controllers

Post by 5thumbs »

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the 3 upgrade packages for the K40 laser? The listings really don't show the differences to help me decide which upgrade to buy. Is it just added screen space? or do the more expensive DSP units offer better resolution/quality? I want to upgrade, but don't want to through away extra money on the DSP as i would also like to get better lenses and mirrors. i am planning on using the K40 mainly for etching.
pjm1907

Re: Differences between DSP controllers

Post by pjm1907 »

Hmmmmmm

A pity you didn't get a response .

I was wondering the same thing myself.

peter
Tech_Marco

Re: Differences between DSP controllers

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry about it. We're trying to make up a chart to show the difference but just got too much work to allow us to do so.

Here is the basic info about the difference:

Common: All works on the LaserCad. All works the same to some extend.

Difference;
-AWC608: Older version. Stable. No more firmware update. Mono LCD.

-LO-X7: new version DSP card. U axis support rotary (After Oct 2016 and runs on Raycam software). Support ramping engraving. Support gray scale (It may need RF laser tube. Test didn't show good quality on regular CO2 laser). Someone may purchase similar version from China to save $100. But, they may not use our newer software: Raycam. Some features will be added to our version only

-E5: newer version DSP. Small LCD screen. Support 3 axis. Limited 600x600 size. Cheaper and only available from LO. Good for K40 upgrade. If panel control isn't your major concern, get this one because the chipset is same and algorithm is identical to X7.

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”