Lasercad software

dansgscale

Lasercad software

Post by dansgscale »

This has probabbly been asked before, but being a newbie here, I have not been able to find the answer scrolling through previous posts. I just downloaded the latest version of LaserCad to my desktop machine and Started it. Its it supposed to be in Chineese or is there an english version I can get. Also I have various Cad programs that I currently use and want to know if the Lascad cad program can import DXF files. In trying out the lasercad program, I was not able to figure out how to open and file or import a file. The whole top row of Icons were not visible. Dan
Techgraphix

Re: Lasercad software

Post by Techgraphix »

You probably hide or undock the toolbar.. Under menu View you can enable it again.
But importing a dxf is as simple as menu "File>import" select the type DXF or supported and click the file you wish to import...
If the entire Menubar is hidden try pressing Alt-V.. and see if it pops up..

Kees
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

Thanks for the information, I uninstalled the LaserCad software as some functions on my computer stopped working. I dont know if it was caused by the lasercad or not, but somethings that required Javascript stopped working. PLus when I did get it loaded and ran it for the first time everything was in chineese. Thats all in good if you can read it, but I dont. Is there a version of lasercad that is in english? If not, is there another Cad program that will work with the DSP E5 that is in english?

I will try reinstalling Lasercad again, but I will have to also find a program that can open RAR files. Why can't l;asercad have an exe file that you can runwith and auto install like other software does. It would make it a lot simpler for us that are not so Computer savey.

Dan
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

I re-installed Lasercad. The lastest version and the screen is still in chinesse. IS is supposed to be that way? If so, does anyone have a translation templete to show what each button does? I did get it to open a DXF file, but can not figure out how to change levels and colors. Dan
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

OK , I found a screen shot of the LaserCad V7.79.2 and it was in english, so I uninstalled the lastest version, back to square one. The IN downloaded the V7.79.2 version of LaserCad. Extracted the files using Z-zip program. Then after the files were extracted, I clicked on the setup button. A small screen poped up for the install and it was in chineese . I clicked on the Lasercad and then the button to change it to english and then hit the install button. The Install looked liked it worked, then I installed the USB drivers and after a couple of minutes it said OK. So I went to my programs list and clicked on Lasercad and started it up. When the screen came up, Again it was all in chineese See the photo below. Not only is it in chineese, but the whole top row of buttons for File, edit, draw, tool and such are missing See the red arrow. Can someone plese tell me what I am doing wrong. This is the 4th time I have tried to install an english version and all I get is chineese. Thanks Dan Stuettgen
Lasercad screen.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

By default, it is in English. I guess you didn't turned off your antivirus program, did you?

Select English before click install

Uninstall the LaserCad, then delete the folder and run the installation again. Turn off the antivirus program just for a moment when doing installation

Marco
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

Marco: thanks I will do that when I get home, but I suspect that I might have an issue with my computer as I noticed that on a couple other program that I use, some of features stopped working. This all seemed to happen after I tried installing the smoothie Board software before I purchased the E5 DSP controller. I tried loading the DSP software on my laptop last night and it worked perfectly and even let me Import a DXF file that I had created in DeltaCad, a real cheap $15.00 cad program that Walmart sold many years ago. So I am good to go, just waiting on my 24V 5amp power supply to arrive so I can start putting it all together. I have a 24V 3a supply, but your wiring drawing showed a 5amp one, so I ordered one. Thanks for your help. Dan Stuettgen
AndyKunz

Post by AndyKunz »

Marco,

Will V7.79.2 support colors by layer in DXF files?

WIll it support my machine (I have the controller without the fancy graphics LCD)?

Can you point me where to download?

Thanks.

Andy
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I believe it support CorelDraw only when color is matched. You should get the V.7.86.1 instead

You can get it from the download area

Marco
AndyKunz

Post by AndyKunz »

Thank you. I will be installing that soon.

One feature request for the LaserCAD programmer: It would be nice if I could query the status of the controller so I can see why it is not running a job. I give it the start command, and it beeps at me but doesn't cut anything. If I push Test button, it makes proper outline for area to cut. But I can't see the fault code anywhere - I have to examine every connection. This would be a big help.

Thank you again.

Andy
JerryLouisMartin

Post by JerryLouisMartin »

LaserCad Software, I have tried numerous times to load this software with no luck.

Continue to get Chinese version, turned off ant-virus and reloaded multiple times with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”