K40 Upgrade questions

gavoss

K40 Upgrade questions

Post by gavoss »

I was one of the fortunate ones that got a non-functioning K40 paper weight disguised as a laser cutter. The software wasn't recognizing the dongle. After several email trades with the seller, I got a new location to download the software and a new dongle. The laser does fire but the software is the holdup.

During this time period I read as much as I could on the machine and it appeared that the Lightobject upgrade was what I needed. I purchased the upgrade and I'm in the process of installing it now.

My questions are these: My mirrors have imperfections in them that would take hours to buff out. Since I have the machine apart, I think new mirrors are in order. It would have bee nice to have these as part of the upgrade kit or at least a recommended option. So, which 20mm lens/mirror should I get?

Next, can someone recommend an inexpensive high capacity 4" blower to remove the smoke?

TIA!
Last edited by gavoss on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech_Marco

Re: High Capacity Blower and new mirrors

Post by Tech_Marco »

The K40 is installed with a 32W CO2 laser tube. You may replace the mirrors with our 20mm gold plated (glass base). You may also want to upgrade the focus lens; improved and High quality one. Depends on your budget. You need to measure the diameter of the focus lens. It could be 14mm or it could be 15mm. To upgrade to our air-assisted laser head, you need to get a 18mm focus lens instead.

We carry air pump: http://www.lightobject.com/135W-Air-com ... -P832.aspx

You may get a 25A SSR and let the DSP controller to turn On/Off the pump. That way, you don't need to manually turned it On or Off.

Hope this help!

Marco ;)
gavoss

Re: High Capacity Blower and new mirrors

Post by gavoss »

I purchased the X7 kit and I'm installing it right now. That's why I asked about the new mirrors. Next, I'm not very electronically savvy but I can follow the wire diagrams. Where I'm having issues is my PSU doesn't look like the wire diagram. Can you tell me which wires in the photo represent the wires in the wiring diagram.

Is there any reason I can't use industrial strength double sided tape to mount all of the electronics (not counting the mechanical stops which will be screwed in).

Also, I'm referring to the exhaust fan, not the nozzle blower. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_1437.JPG

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”