Can someone please help??? Laser wiring PLEASE...

WVJoe

Can someone please help??? Laser wiring PLEASE...

Post by WVJoe »

I have searched and searched and only found broken info, nothing definitive on how to wire the existing PS for the laser tube to the new X7 control module. Please someone provide something to help me wire this up. It is partly my own dumb assed fault for not labeling everything before I unplugged the connectors but what's done is done. If I had an inckling of a remembrance where either the left or right 4 pin plug went then maybe that would help but I am stuck. I have gotten the limits and x motor wired and ready to hook up, 24vdc power supply, power meter, etc., but now I am stuck......

I don't understand why it is so hard to find the info on this, I spent a lot of money on this kit you would figure there would have been instructions that came with it. Very frustrating and disconcerting...

Also, I have included a picture of the USB D plug on the back of the control unit, what is this for? Am I missing a cable or something or is this for a direct connection to the computer via usb and forgo the cable with the Cat5/USB connection that plugs into the side? I have included a pic for it also. Why is everything a guessing game? I'm going to step away for a moment and gather my wits. Please, someone provide some input...
Attachments
2016-05-07 20.07.27.jpg
2016-05-07 20.06.07.jpg
Techgraphix

Re: Can someone please help??? Laser wiring PLEASE...

Post by Techgraphix »

Don't know where you got your X7 (it looks like you have a AWC608 instead.. Please verify.. what does your display look like?) but with my LO-X7, i have two connectors at the underside of the display-unit: One D-type USB and an Ethernet-connector. see http://www.lightobject.com/Assets/Produ ... CMP500.jpg
Both can be connected to your computer.
LaserCad works with both, or USB or Ethernet. I prefer to use the ethernet-connection to communicate with LaserCad. However, some software, like AWCtool (to synchronize the date and time in your display with your computertime) only works via the USB connector at the underside.
The USB-connector at the topside of the display is only to load work-files direct from an USB-stick. I don't prefer to use that as the stick sits there very vulnerable for hitting it and breaking the connector inside. It would be better if this connector was at the underside aswell and connected with an extension cable to a save place somewhere else on the machine (IMHO)
Then the LPSU. There are quite a few different types but normaly you will find the same connections on it:
Power inlet (ie 115 or 230VAC) I can't see any text on your picture but i suspect it to be the most left connector.
Then there are signals like TL, W or WP (waterProtect), IN, Gnd and +5V.
In case you connect the WaterProtect switch to the LO-X7 mainunit, you have to make a small connection (short-circuit) from the WP to the GND on this supply. And don't forget to make a connection from WP to GND on the Laser2 connector of the mainunit too, else you won't get your laser to work when you activate the waterprotect on your controller
TL and IN go to Laser1-connector of the main-unit together with the GND.
The +5V can be used to supply your laser-current-meter, if this is a digital type. Else you can omit this connection.

BTW i'm sure i contributed a few drawings on how to connect this LO-X7. Else another forummember "DonL" surely did too.
BTW2.. Who did all that black marking on the type sticker and why :?

Kees
WVJoe

Post by WVJoe »

I have the instructions for the 608 but the laser power supply in the instructions is totally different than mine. I saw the part about the jumper for water. My plugs are not labeled on my laser ps so I was unsure about what goes where.

Also, Yes my controller is a X7, the black markings are done in Windows Paint so as to cover up my Serial number, You know how people are :roll:
WVJoe

Post by WVJoe »

Here is the laser power supply with no labeling as to what goes where
2016-05-07 20.06.07.jpg
and here is the front of my controller, it is an X7
2016-04-29 22.15.13.jpg
There is a single USB-D plug on the bottom and there is another plug on the side that the USB/Ethernet harness plugs in to. Not sure what to make about the single D p;lug on the bottom just that maybe it's to go straight from there to the computer usb if you didn't want to use the dual ended harness. :?
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Not very sure about your displayunit as it is different from mine.. But as i wrote, the USB is for connection to your computers USB although i suggest to use the ethernet connection (except for using the AWCtool to set the time)

I think your LPSU is one from a K40 laser? then you might look at this: http://chibidibidiwah.wdfiles.com/local ... iring4.png

Maybe that helps you out..

Kees
WVJoe

Post by WVJoe »

Yes the LPSU is the original K40 supply. I am having issues with the middle and right plugs on the LPSU and what wires go to it from the main board. I've got 6 ports for the limit swithces and only 2 wires coming from the switches, 1 & 2 OUT: with 4 ports each, what are they for?, 11, IN: with 6 ports, where do those wires go? 12. IN: with 4 ports, where do those wires go? Where do I get my power from for the stepper motor drivers???

Like I said before, you would figure that if a person spent $500+ on something there would be some freaking instructions! I am feeling very disconcerted. This is ridiculous and very irritating! I am trying to get my machine working and can't because I am worried about BURNING SOMETHING UP and will not connect anything to just Try it........

MARCO? Since you are apparently the GURU on everything here, If you are reading this, can you PLEASE HELP??? Someone? Anyone?.......???????
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

For the INPUTS:
IN1 CAP-protection signal.. polarity (ACTIVE LOW/HIGH) can be set in the controllers software
IN2 FOOTSWITCH ACTIVE-LOW
IN3,4,5 and 6 RESERVE (or not used at the moment)

OUTPUTS:
OUT1 BLOW-signal ACTIVE all the time when the machine is in process
OUT2 BLOW-signal ACTIVE only when the laser fires
OUT3 BRUSH-signal (I have the faintest idea what it does...yet..)
OUT4 FEEDING-signal (can be used to activate circuitry that uses the U-axis)
OUT5 RESERVE (or not used at the moment)
OUT6 LAYERS BLOWING-signal ACTIVE when the machine is in process AND the checkmark "If Air Switch Open" is set for that layer (in LaserCad)

(it was written on this forum... Many others did find it appearently)

For powering the steppermotor-drivers you need a separate powersupply. Don't know your machine but i guess that any 24V 4A supply will do the job.

Kees
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please found out the legend mark printed to the next of the connector. Without it, I can't be sure what connection it should be, even though it is mostly likely in common setup.

It should be something like this: H L P W IN +5V

Marco
WVJoe

Post by WVJoe »

Tech_Marco wrote:Please found out the legend mark printed to the next of the connector. Without it, I can't be sure what connection it should be, even though it is mostly likely in common setup.

It should be something like this: H L P W IN +5V

Marco
I have looked for any identifying markings and don't see any. I did locate a drawing that helps me out a lot. now just to be sure about the LPSU connections. I'm getting closer... Thanks for everyones great help. I have attached a the drawing. Maybe we can get this posted so it is easier for everyone to find???
DSPConnection.pdf
(108.12 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”