Air assist nozzle and cut speed problems

innovatorian

Air assist nozzle and cut speed problems

Post by innovatorian »

Recently upgraded to 750mm 40w LO tube on my k40. Along with this i upgraded to the LO air assist nozzle.

With the air assist cone on the beam is hitting the inside of the cone.

Cutting quality without the cone on is good but kerf is not vertical rather leans back towards back of the machine. A side view of material would look like this / /

Having more power is not giving me any more cutting speed and i still need to cut 3mm acrylic very slowly (3.8mm/s) to fully penetrate material.

Anyone have any insight on how i can get my machine back on track?
SWMS

Re: Air assist nozzle and cut speed problems

Post by SWMS »

This would suggest to me that your beam alignment is marginally out. Make sure your tube is level. I have a big machine and it's a pain to calibrate. I would suggest you try calibrating it at ever corner for your second mirror, then doing a final calibration at each corner for your laser head mirror at each corner.

My front right and rear right alignment at the laser head is marginally out between the two. It's going to take a LONG time to get it bang on so I have to choose a best fit between all the corners. Once I've aligned the 3rd mirror and the laser is making that nice crackle and the laser makes a nice dot I check the difference between rear right and front right. Then I'll put it half way inbetween the two and check the alignment and adjust between the two for a happy medium. For one final check I then put the head right in the middle of the machine and check it again.

I hope this helps, it might not be your problem but it sounds like it. Remember 1 degree out at the source can mean 3 degrees out at the laser head.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”