Couple of important questions I'm sure someone can answer

WVJoe

Couple of important questions I'm sure someone can answer

Post by WVJoe »

Questions:
1 - I purchased the X7 upgrade kit and it came with an 18mm air assist head. I apparently need to get the mirror and lens for this as it was not included in the kit. I was looking through the lenses and see a bunch of different ones, one was a High quality 18mm ZnSe Focus lens (F50.8mm); Is the 18mm referring to the diameter of the lens? Is this the size I need for the 18mm air assist head that came in the kit? And, is the (F50.8mm) in the description, the focal distance from the lens to the material? I don’t know what to get.

2 – I also purchased one of the Z tables and am needing the thread size of the holes on the bottom plate for mounting it in the unit. Does anyone have that information available please so I can get the correct screws to mount the table?

Thanks,
Joseph Midjette Sr.
DonL

Re: Couple of important questions I'm sure someone can answe

Post by DonL »

WV Kokamo Joe wrote:Questions:
1 - I purchased the X7 upgrade kit and it came with an 18mm air assist head. I apparently need to get the mirror and lens for this as it was not included in the kit. I was looking through the lenses and see a bunch of different ones, one was a High quality 18mm ZnSe Focus lens (F50.8mm); Is the 18mm referring to the diameter of the lens? Is this the size I need for the 18mm air assist head that came in the kit? And, is the (F50.8mm) in the description, the focal distance from the lens to the material? I don’t know what to get.

2 – I also purchased one of the Z tables and am needing the thread size of the holes on the bottom plate for mounting it in the unit. Does anyone have that information available please so I can get the correct screws to mount the table?

Thanks,
Joseph Midjette Sr.
A) The 18mm is the diameter, 50.8 is the focal length from the lens to the substrate (material) the longer the focal length - the bigger the beam and the deeper the beam so, for fine engraving or fine shallow cuts use a short focal length of 1 inch, for deep cuts and fast but not so fine engraving use a long 2.5 inch focal length... ir for a fixed height table, the standard 1.5 inch focal length

B) Marco can answer that or you can just use a thread gauge on the screws that came out... For me, I used double face tape and it works like a charm two strips on the bottom of the Z table and two on the sides of the top so it sticks to the X/Y stage noce and square and nothing vibrates, better than screwing around smile ;) If I need to remove it, slide a thin blade in and pry it gently off the tape and replace the tape after. :D
WVJoe

Re: Couple of important questions I'm sure someone can answe

Post by WVJoe »

DonL wrote:
WV Kokamo Joe wrote:Questions:

Thanks,
Joseph Midjette Sr.
A) The 18mm is the diameter, 50.8 is the focal length from the lens to the substrate (material) the longer the focal length - the bigger the beam and the deeper the beam so, for fine engraving or fine shallow cuts use a short focal length of 1 inch, for deep cuts and fast but not so fine engraving use a long 2.5 inch focal length... ir for a fixed height table, the standard 1.5 inch focal length

B) Marco can answer that or you can just use a thread gauge on the screws that came out... For me, I used double face tape and it works like a charm two strips on the bottom of the Z table and two on the sides of the top so it sticks to the X/Y stage noce and square and nothing vibrates, better than screwing around smile ;) If I need to remove it, slide a thin blade in and pry it gently off the tape and replace the tape after. :D
Awesome! Thanks for the educational reply!

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”