K40 Laser PSU Pin Outs

dcrump70

K40 Laser PSU Pin Outs

Post by dcrump70 »

I just got my upgrade and my Laser PSU doesn't look anything like what I have seen on the discussion boards. Can anyone shed light on the pin outs? Attached are some pics.
20160315_221400_resized.jpg
20160315_221102_resized.jpg
dcrump70

Re: K40 Laser PSU Pin Outs

Post by dcrump70 »

ANYONE?? Marco? There are no markings on this PSU... I am kinda dead in the water... HELP!!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Do some search on the this forum because this issue has been discussed so many times already so I am not repeating it again. You should see some marking onnext to the terminals. Just be careful to the AC connection.

Marco
Q*bert

Post by Q*bert »

dcrump70

Post by dcrump70 »

Thanks guys... before you chastise someone for their lack of research, know that I did research this for over an hour and I never saw this article. Don't know why, but maybe it is the search engine on this forum. Maybe the better idea would be to include some instructions WITH the kit so that your customers don't have to sign up for a forum and find the information on their own. If I knew what I know now about this upgrade kit, I would have never bought it. I have been messing with it off and on for over a week. I got the mechanical limit switches mounted and then it would not fit back into the case. There is no clearance between the bottom of the laser tube housing and the top of the limit switch. Maybe the design has changed, I don't know... but in trying to make it fit, I broke the limit switch. Now I am having to wait for the replacement to come in. So, for those who are thinking about buying the upgrade kit, know that the design of these Chinese machines may vary and you might have to improvise. I look forward for this project to being completed so I will have a machine that actually works... hopefully...
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

It seams the our brothers across the seas were never consistent with power supplies and color coding. Here is the power supply for the k40 I got. The left connector , the black and red wires go to the power switch, one yellow goes to the analog meter , the other yellow goes to chassis ground. The two black wires go to the laser switch. The next connector has white and green wires. The white one goes to the test switch and one of the green ones go to the test switch, the other green one goes to gnd on the red Moshe board. the connector with the red green and blue wires go to the current reg potentiometer and the right side connector with two blue wires go to the red Moshe board. The amp meter has one yellow wire going to the left connector and a blue wire going to the output end of the laser tube.

I think I have figured out where to hook each one up to my LO E5 DSP controller. I will post pics next week as I am doing the upgrade this weekend

Dan Stuettgen
DANSTABLET - 20160830_220120.jpg
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

we after a weeks worth of working for a couple hours each night I have the K40 upgraded with the E5 DSP controller and was able to figure out most of the wiring. The only thing I have not been able to figure out is what wire from the Laser PSU goes to the TTL connection on the E5 DSP controller. Would it be the blue wire that was connected to the (Current Regulation) Potentiometer as the G & IN wires were connected to that POT and they go to the GND and PWM on the E5.
20160918_161004.jpg
Also with the upgrade to the E5, do I need to the Laser switch (two Black wires) and the Test switch ( white and green wires) or can I just disconnect them from the Laser PSU along with the Two Blue and one green wires that on the Right hand connector that says it is GND, 24V and 5V.
20160918_160912.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

We have discussed that many times in the forum.. But I can't tell what date it was.

Give this a try:. Shorted P and G together (Laser switch, two black wires). Then, connect TTL to K+

I think it should take care that

Marco
dansgscale

Post by dansgscale »

Thanks Marco: I appericate the Help.

Dan Stuettgen
pw98

Post by pw98 »

I have this same PSU on my k40.

Per Marco:
P and G are shorted together
TTL goes to K+
Ammeter Green connects to the case of the LPSU if there is no other wire available for connection

Per the x7 connection diagram:
All the grounding is all tied back into FG
- chassis
- 24v psu
- laser psu

Couple questions:
- Where else can the green wire for the ammeter go? Can it connect to FG?

Please refer to annotation on the connection diagram below:
ammeter.jpg
Edit:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but after taking an Ohmmeter to FG and the laser PSU, it appears to be tied in together

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”