Motorized Z-Table

Anzo

Motorized Z-Table

Post by Anzo »

UPDATE:
For anyone having issues that their Z-Table may not operate (as described in the quote below), I found a fix! removing the top 4 bearings from the frame and reassembling without the top bearings seems to give the rods enough flex room and space if they're not straight.

OLD:
A late late review/feedback.
I really should have posted info as soon as I got it, but I ended up putting it aside thinking I'd 'fix it later'.

I've had the motorized Z-Table for a while now (1.5 years?) and every few months I thought to give it a try, with no success.
The parts do not fit together with enough precision to allow any movement of the Z-Table (Threaded rods and posts are not straight, bearings jam under use [probably due to alignment/pressure on them when assembled]).
I've attempted Washer/Spacer fixes, Loosening, Tightening, Lubricating and a few other things, but have been unable to get any alignment enough to have the table actually move under motor power (all settings for motor type are correct, it is just too incredibly difficult to move the table).

Would like to hear others feedback as well. Maybe I just got a very faulty one?
Last edited by Anzo on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Q*bert

Re: Motorized Z-Table = Nightmare

Post by Q*bert »

Anzo wrote:A late late review/feedback/warning for new purchasers.
I really should have posted info as soon as I got it, but I ended up putting it aside thinking I'd 'fix it later'.

I've had the motorized Z-Table for a while now (1.5 years?) and every few months I thought to give it a try, with no success.
The parts do not fit together with enough precision to allow any movement of the Z-Table (Threaded rods and posts are not straight, bearings jam under use [probably due to alignment/pressure on them when assembled]).
I've attempted Washer/Spacer fixes, Loosening, Tightening, Lubricating and a few other things, but have been unable to get any alignment enough to have the table actually move under motor power (all settings for motor type are correct, it is just too incredibly difficult to move the table).

Would like to hear others feedback as well. Maybe I just got a very faulty one?
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I just purchased the z-table a few weeks ago and it works great. All parts seemed well made and it moves easily even by hand-pulling on the belt.

The rods certainly should be reasonably straight, so perhaps yours was an early one and was produced poorly or somehow otherwise damaged. Also, the product description recommends using a larger stepper driver on the table - M542 that can drive up to 4.2A. Lastly, I made sure my table was't "racked" by lowering all four screw drives to their lowest points before tightening the belt.
litterbox99

Re: Motorized Z-Table = Nightmare

Post by litterbox99 »

I have both Z-Tables from Light Object, the mini Blue for my
K40 and the big Green Beast for my 900 x 600.

Both units are made of quality components and work very well.
Anzo

Re: Motorized Z-Table

Post by Anzo »

Ah...
so it sounds like I was just unlucky and got a bad one... XP

Thanks for the feedback! :)

*UPDATED FIX in first post*
Last edited by Anzo on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryLouisMartin

Post by JerryLouisMartin »

Where does one fine the motor driver: M542 for the small motorized table?

States its the recommended one, can't find it on lightobject?

Thanks
Anzo

Post by Anzo »

JerryLouisMartin wrote:Where does one fine the motor driver: M542 for the small motorized table?

States its the recommended one, can't find it on lightobject?

Thanks
Find here :3

http://www.lightobject.com/2-Phase-42A- ... -P453.aspx

(I'm just using a M415 with mine. I believe the Z-Table motor is up to 1.8A and the M415 does 1.5A)

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”