K40 DSP Upgrade

FCFX

K40 DSP Upgrade

Post by FCFX »

I just purchased the x7 upgrade, new PSU, etc. and I had a couple of questions:

-currently there are momentary switches to test fire the laser and to disengage it. Do I still need them? If so how do they get wired in? I don't see them on the wiring diagrams.

-I see mentions of a Lasercad plugin for Corel Draw - was I supposed to get that?

-Is there a manual for the x7?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Tech_Marco

Re: K40 DSP Upgrade

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can remove the switch because the "Test" can be done on the DSP's LCD control panel

Plugin- comes with the LaserCad setup application

Manual- See download site

Marco
FCFX

Post by FCFX »

Thank you!
dcrump70

Post by dcrump70 »

I just got my upgrade with the LO-X7 panel and the AWC708C controller. The ONLY upgrade instructions are for a different panel from 2012. I would assume that there have been several revisions since 2012. Am I supposed to wing it off a 2012 drawing??? Is there not a more current upgrade procedure? Marco, can you please point me to the latest wiring diagram for the AWC708C? I wanted to do my upgrade tonight, but apparently that is not going to happen...
seeigecannon

Post by seeigecannon »

dcrump70 wrote:I just got my upgrade with the LO-X7 panel and the AWC708C controller. The ONLY upgrade instructions are for a different panel from 2012. I would assume that there have been several revisions since 2012. Am I supposed to wing it off a 2012 drawing??? Is there not a more current upgrade procedure? Marco, can you please point me to the latest wiring diagram for the AWC708C? I wanted to do my upgrade tonight, but apparently that is not going to happen...

The drawings are pretty terrible. If you have not gotten this up and running yet PM me and I will chat with you via google or something to help walk you through it.
AaronDreher

Post by AaronDreher »

I have the x7 upgrade kit, after installation I turned it on and both x & y move in the wrong direction, I manually hit the limit switches and they stopped. i opened laser cad and moved x & y from laser cad and indeed they mover in the wrong directions. i assume i need to reverse the stepper wires to the the drivers. i followed the directions from the upgrade pdf [ red - A+ / blue - A- / yellow - B+ / white - B- ] I would appreciate any help. thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Read the "FAQ". All explained well there

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”