air assist problem

bigforkg

air assist problem

Post by bigforkg »

I have a light object air assist and FL. The problem is the beam is not making it through to the material, hitting the inside of the cone. Ive tried the lens both ways and its lined up.
Tech_Marco

Re: air assist problem

Post by Tech_Marco »

May be you put the lens in wrong compartment. What is the focus length?

Marco
bigforkg

Post by bigforkg »

I put it in the lower part that has a 18mm diameter hole. In the picture on your site, the part where it screws to the larger threads. The focus length I ordered was the 50.8mm.

I have made sure that the cone part is installed flush and square to the body.
sgopal2

Post by sgopal2 »

I think I had the same problem.

I looked closely at the aperture from the original K40 and the lightobject air-assist head. I measured carefully with calipers and found that the lightobject aperture was actually a few mm higher than the K40 aperture.

I fiddled with the mirrors and alignment for hours on end. It turns out that the only way to get the laser beam to be higher was to raise the entire tube. I was a little reluctant to move the laser tube, so I just went back to the original K40 head. Now my air assist doesn't work but at least the laser can go through the aperture and then focuses on the lens.
innovatorian

Post by innovatorian »

Im having the same issue with my newly purchased air assist nozzle. Operating without the cone it works but i have a non vertical kerf on my material now looking at side of material it look like this / /
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Check your beam alignment. Make sure it is hitting the reflection in 90'degree angle, on both side view and top view. The laser head intake hole must be perfectly facing the laser beam on dead center. Otherwise, you will get '/ ' beam like that.

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”