K40 issues

Nala

K40 issues

Post by Nala »

Some issues with my 680 upgrade. 1

1. When cutting simple shapes as tests I notice that sometimes the laser seems to fade in and out, why?

2. In checking mirror alignment I notice that the shape of beam is an oval or maybe slightly split?

3. By firing the laser at paper in front of each mirror, it seems that the power drops off significantly at each mirror, bad mirrors?
4. How do I set up the workspace in lasercad to match the actual workspace ?

5. Is there somewhere that explains each of the functions of the buttons on the LCD?

6. Can drawings from Corel 5 be imported into lasercad ? How?

Thanks to anyone willing to help out !
DonL

Re: K40 issues

Post by DonL »

Nala wrote:Some issues with my 680 upgrade. 1

1. When cutting simple shapes as tests I notice that sometimes the laser seems to fade in and out, why?

2. In checking mirror alignment I notice that the shape of beam is an oval or maybe slightly split?

3. By firing the laser at paper in front of each mirror, it seems that the power drops off significantly at each mirror, bad mirrors?
4. How do I set up the workspace in lasercad to match the actual workspace ?

5. Is there somewhere that explains each of the functions of the buttons on the LCD?

6. Can drawings from Corel 5 be imported into lasercad ? How?

Thanks to anyone willing to help out !
I will try to help...
1, could be from whatever is causing 2 and 3
4, under Options open System Settings and go to Manufacturer Paranmeters, select Read, Change the X and Y Range to the dimentions of your workspace in Millimeters
workspace.JPG
workspace.JPG (78.11 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
Select Save and the password is 608
5, I don't know which controller you have, Here is the 608 button assignment from the manual available here in the downloads section ;)
keys.JPG
keys.JPG (62.81 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
6, Yes but I had a hard time so I upgraded to Corel X7. Go to where you saved the install files for LaserCAD and run setup, select the drop down to install macros for Corel
install1.JPG
install1.JPG (26.21 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
install2.JPG
install2.JPG (24.9 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
Once installed, go to Corel and in the tools menu run the macro, it will place a button on the toolbar, make a graphic, click that button and corel will open laserCAD and transfer the drawing to LaserCAD. There is more indepth details in another spot in this forum.

Hope this helps, Good luck with the beam issues, when I alighn I use almost no power, the idea is to see where the beam hits not blast holes in things... If you put sticky paper on the mirror and blast a hole in it, you just burnt glue and ash onto that mirror which will reduce it's reflectiveness. Clean all your mirrors, tunn the power down to 10% or less, put a sicky paper over the first mirror and try not to get any gue on the mirror, I bend my paper at 90 degrees and stick the paper to the base like an L shape,,, fire the laser quickly and look where it hits, I get just a small brown spot I can fire the laser at the same paper several times before I change it the beam needs to hit in the center of all mirrors, if you are off center, your beam is off and may be distorted
Nala

Post by Nala »

Thanks DonL! Very helpful
Nala

Post by Nala »

I have loaded coreldraw x7. The whole macro thing is new to me. I think I got your the process as you described until I open Corel draw, go to tools, and click. Run macro, then I'm lost.... Lots of choices that I don't understand. Help is greatly appreciated,!

Thanks
sgopal2

Post by sgopal2 »

Mala: if the coreldraw macro is installed correctly you should see a new button that appears on your toolbar. You may have accidentally closed it by mistake. A photo below shows what the button should look like (I use CorelDraw 12), but it looks identical on X5 and X7.

Once the macro is installed, it appears as its own floating toolbar with a small x in the upper right corner. If you click the small x, the button disappears from the screen entirely. The only way to get it back is as follows:

Move up to the top of the screen where all the buttons are (this is called the tool-bar).
Right click on the toolbar and you will see a new menu pop-up
At the bottom of the menu make sure the option that says "AWC LaserCut" is checked

Photos attached. Hope this helps.
Attachments
capture_003_23012016_141545.jpg
capture_003_23012016_141545.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
capture_002_23012016_141509.jpg
capture_002_23012016_141509.jpg (3.04 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
dcrump70

Post by dcrump70 »

I finally got my laser up and working. Prints the duck just fine but I am having issues with Corel Draw. I installed the plug in and I am unsure as to the process of sending your drawing to the printer. I was told it prints directly to the printer, but I cannot figure out how. Can someone go over the steps? I am using CorelDraw X7 64 bit... I have the DSP LO-X7... thanks for your help!!
DonL

Post by DonL »

dcrump70 wrote:I finally got my laser up and working. Prints the duck just fine but I am having issues with Corel Draw. I installed the plug in and I am unsure as to the process of sending your drawing to the printer. I was told it prints directly to the printer, but I cannot figure out how. Can someone go over the steps? I am using CorelDraw X7 64 bit... I have the DSP LO-X7... thanks for your help!!
The instructions are in the post above, instead of Corel X5 select Corel X7

You may have to locate the Corel X7 folder manually

If installed correctly you should see this in Corel Draw
lasrcad.JPG
lasrcad.JPG (16.91 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Create your drawing, If you use guidelines, delete them before exporting.

When ready click on the button above and LaserCAD should open and your image will be there.

The confusing part is LaserCAD gets reinstalled into your Corel Folder so you have two LaserCAD installs, if you change settings in the desktop LaserCAD, it may not change them in the Corel LaserCAD so check your settings every time ;)

I installed the 32 Bit version, 32 Bit has better add-on support

In your Corel install folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Draw\GMS
you should see this
LaserCad2.JPG
This is the file that opens LaserCAD and converts the drawing, if it is not there, It won't work. Reinstall LaserCAD for Corel and make sure you manually enter the path to DRAW C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Draw

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”