Anyone notice this?

MicroBill

Anyone notice this?

Post by MicroBill »

Take a look at the photo and notice the gap between the Z table frame and the X gantry arm. See how it's wider at the left? Everything is square when looking straight down but further investigation found that the bottom panel of the laser cabinet does not have much support and sags quite a bit. You can grab hold of the Z frame at the upper left corner and move it up and down almost 10mm with ease. I thought I didn't have the thing screwed down all the way but it was. Looking underneath the machine I could see the bottom panel flexing quite a bit. I guess I'll need to add a couple of angle bars or channels to the bottom. I'm sure that can't be good for maintaining focus. :?

Bill S.
Attachments
laser now.JPG
lapoltba

Re: Anyone notice this?

Post by lapoltba »

Yep, noticed this on mine. Mine does have some sort of U channel welded to the bottom panel, but it is still warped and flexes quite a bit. I was thinking of putting together a Frame of 80/20 to reinforce the bottom.
Harley

Post by Harley »

Did you half to cut the upright support and threaded rod to make the table a littile lower. My laser head its thet rail of the b d. The lase head actually goes in o the frame and is way lower.
DonL

Post by DonL »

My machine is level, I am using a workmate and the two U channels are sitting on the wooden table tops so the feet are not touching, it is stable and level, I can even lean on the machine and nothing moves.

A workmate is one of those collapsable tables with two sections that crank apart so you can clamp something in it, very sturdy can hold 200 lbs.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”