Small water chiller for 40W, 60W, and 80W

Tech_Marco

Small water chiller for 40W, 60W, and 80W

Post by Tech_Marco »

We're in the process of developing a small water chiller for small laser machine with a CO2 laser up to 80W.

Don't get fool by the CW3000 because it is NOT a water chiller. The CW3000 is just a water radiator cooling unit without AC compressor so it wont do cooling. However, a lot of folks through that it is a chiller and look at eBay seller 99.9% claim that it is a "water chiller" :lol: The result: shorter tube life and lower cutting power is expected when using that chiller for 60W or 80W tube. The efficiency of the CW3000 is low and hardly able to keep temperature "3'C" above the room temperature. Example: if the room temperature is 28'C (82.4'F), the best it does is to bring the water temperature down to 31'C (87.8'F) which is considered high enough to affect the performance and the life span of a laser tube. If the room is hot and humidity is high, things will get worst.

After long consideration, I decided to take this project to my team in China to develop a small water chiller. The unit is perfect for the K40 (35W) or any machine running full time and 24/7 with a 60W tube. It will work well for a 80W laser machine running on part time, say ON for 20min, Off 1min or 80% of full power. It should works the same way on a 100W system Of course the Off time should be a bit longer while ON time should be shorter or 65% of full power. I'll get more result once the prototype is completed in next two weeks. I'm expecting first batch of production launched on Jan 10th,2016

Cooling Power: 800W (estimated)
Compressor power: 600
Voltage: AC110V, 60Hz
Current: 3A
Operation temp: 35'C (95'F)
Suggest laser tube: 60W (full time),80W (Part time)
Cooling temperature: 23'C (73.4'F)
Warranty: 1 year

So, one will ask what would be the price?

Price is: $425

Marco
Tech_Marco

Re: Small water chiller for 40W, 60W, and 80W

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just got an update that the small water chiller is capable to handle a 80W tube in full power. And, it can handle a 100W tube at 20mA. Well, I asked them to re-test it again at higher room temperature because the current room temperature there is running about 25'C. I asked the tester to do it with room temp set to 35'C.

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”