Rotary Attachment / Laser Cad X7 Question

mandomagnon

Rotary Attachment / Laser Cad X7 Question

Post by mandomagnon »

I was able to install the Rotary attachment to my X7 upgrade.
What I need to know is how to make the Rotary/Y DSP move slower before it starts to burn.
When I place a cup or wine glass it moves so fast that in knocks it out of the rotary or it moves it out of center.
I've tried looking in LaserCad or in the X7 but cant find the correct function.
Techgraphix

Re: Rotary Attachment / Laser Cad X7 Question

Post by Techgraphix »

You can add a weight in the cup but also , temporally lower the speed and/or the acceleration for the Y (which is your rotational) to an acceptable level in the machine setup (Shift-Stop)
Kees
DonL

Post by DonL »

I have the rotary and I had an extra driver I purchased with all the other stuff....

2 Phase 4.2A 1-axis Stepping Motor Driver. Support to Nema 16~34. Leetro replacement

Can I use this driver and if so what connections as it seems to have more teminals than the other mini drivers...
Also what switch settings would save me time trying to figure that out.

Any help would be appreciated... If it won't work I will have to add a mini driver to my next order.

Don. :mrgreen:
DonL

Post by DonL »

mandomagnon wrote:I was able to install the Rotary attachment to my X7 upgrade.
What I need to know is how to make the Rotary/Y DSP move slower before it starts to burn.
When I place a cup or wine glass it moves so fast that in knocks it out of the rotary or it moves it out of center.
I've tried looking in LaserCad or in the X7 but cant find the correct function.

My main issue is height.... I can't get a cup on without removing the Z Table so I devised a solution, see viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2326&start=30#p14546
Tech_Marco also said he was discussing the idea of using the U axis for rotory so then you don't need to disconnect the Y and use it for rotory and also you can then put settings into the rotary control and keep them. You could then make a chart of um values to object diameter...

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”