X Axis pulley ?

SScnc

X Axis pulley ?

Post by SScnc »

How is the X axis pulley attached to the stepper motor shaft ? I see no set screw or anything.

I ask because on certain jobs where the X has to stop and reverse (vertical engraved lines) I'm loosing steps and the lines are being skewed to the left regardless of any parameters I've set so far. And, every once in a while I hear a "click" but don't know where the click is coming from yet.

My belts are tight and look in good shape and when the stepper is energized, I can't move the head left or right without pushing very hard. (I haven't pushed hard enough to move as I don't want to harm it.)

Thanks for any help !
Techgraphix

Re: X Axis pulley ?

Post by Techgraphix »

I think it is pressed over the shaft. Maybe a bit of glue.. But loosing steps can also be caused by dents or pollution in the guideway. If you switch off your laser (K40?) you should be able to move the head quite easy and feel if it moves smooth with an equal amount of friction in all directions.
Loosing steps can also be caused by a malfunction in the stepperdriver... wires etc etc..
Kees
SScnc

Re: X Axis pulley ?

Post by SScnc »

Thanks for your reply Kees. I figured it must be press fit after not finding anything else on the pulley, but it's tight and the belt is fine and I had moved it with no power and felt fine.

However, after many more different settings changes in LaserCAD manufactures params I got it working. I had to drop the X Max_accel all the way down to 2000. I had speed at 75mm/sec as I thought that would help the issue but actually had to raise that to 300mm/sec and suddenly no more missed steps and no skewed engraving. This only has been a problem on this one job, others have been close to perfect.

Thanks again !

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”