Not cutting a full cut, engravign some instead.

blithespirit

Not cutting a full cut, engravign some instead.

Post by blithespirit »

Can someone help me as I am going a bit mad!

I am running an X7 on a K40 and for a good few months no problem, all of a sudden when I am trying to cut I do not get a full power cut, lets say I am engraving two 40mm circles inside a square and then cutting out the square around a 300mm x 200mm, it will engrave the two circles perfectly, then it moves out to the outside for the cut but will only power enough to engrave a small amount say 30mm (it should be cutting at this point), then the power kicks in and it then cuts the rest as normal back to the start of the engraved line.

I have not changed anything before this started and have even gone bac kto the old firmware to see if this is the problem, can anyone shed any light on this, running firmware 150512.1 at present.

All my cuts going bad at the minute as not finishing them fully.

Thanks Paul
Techgraphix

Re: Not cutting a full cut, engravign some instead.

Post by Techgraphix »

Two things you can check first:
While cutting the first part, where the power is as engraving, do you see the appropriate power level indicated on the display?
Can you connect a volt-meter to the input of the LaserPowerSupplyUnit? When engraving you could, for instance measure 1.5V while it is 4V while Cutting. See if the voltage rises as soon as you start the cutting.. If it does, you LPSU is reacting slowly.. It can be something like grounding or bad (corroded) connections..
As you only have it shortly, it can be a bad contact.
Simple methode to eliminate that is to take every connector out and put it back, loosen every screwterminal and tighten them again.
Kees

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”