45w tube on factory P/S

geartech

45w tube on factory P/S

Post by geartech »

Wondering if anyone has run the 45w tube on the P/S that comes in the K40
I've see as high as 21mA from the factory P/S.
It will be on the list of things to replace soon but after the X7-dsp, Z-Table, and new optics, laser tube and extension housing.
I'm runnning out of hobby money for it for a few weeks.
Just curious I can always hold off on installing the new tube till I get the p/s but it's like any
new toy. You want to play with it now, not later.
Tech_Marco

Re: 45w tube on factory P/S

Post by Tech_Marco »

Keep the stock LPSU and let it drive the 45W tube till die
Eventhough it is not a good one but it may serve you for a few months. Keep the current below 18mA is a must.

Marco
geartech

Post by geartech »

Thanks Marco, I'll probable order the new one in week or so.
Just didn't want to damage the new tube. Better safe than sorry.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

After installation of the new LPSU, please lock up the max current by using manufacturer parameters setup screen.
To do that, set 80% on the LCD power and fire the laser. Check the amount of current output to the tube from the current meter. If lower than 18mA, raise the Power% till it reach 18 or 19mA. Then, use that % value and programmed "Max_Power" through the Manufacturer setup menu. That way, the output will never exceed the max regardless the power % you set on the layer (work)

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

After installation of the new LPSU, please lock up the max current by using manufacturer parameters setup screen.
To do that, set 80% on the LCD power and fire the laser. Check the amount of current output to the tube from the current meter. If lower than 18mA, raise the Power% till it reach 18 or 19mA. Then, use that % value and programmed "Max_Power" through the Manufacturer setup menu. That way, the output will never exceed the max regardless the power % you set on the layer (work)

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”