How to manually trigger ( test fire ) laser with LO-X7 dsp?

geartech

How to manually trigger ( test fire ) laser with LO-X7 dsp?

Post by geartech »

I'm just about done with my re-fit of my k40 and I only have one question that I can't seem
to find an answer to.
I'll have to re align my laser after the build but I don't see a way to trigger ( test fire )the laser
after the dsp install along with a way to change the output power manually.
any pointers?
Techgraphix

Re: How to manually trigger ( test fire ) laser with LO-X7 d

Post by Techgraphix »

:shock:
Power can be set by pressing enter, go down to power and increase/ decrease the amount with the arrow-buttons on the right side of the panel.
Firing your laser: there is a button called "LASER"... guess what it does when you push it.. (if your system works like it should be)
Kees
geartech

Post by geartech »

Thanks for the help. The power level was my biggest concern, Figured the laser button triggerd the beam.
Really wish there was more documentation on this controller and display unit.
I should be able to test fire it tonight.
Took about 1 evening to strip the machine down.
Another to fab and mount some of the parts.
Last night was wiring.

I was going to take pictures during the build but once I start working I get focused in on one thing and I end up forgetting to take them.
I came up with a board for the x axis and end stop sw connection that allows a disconnect at the frame so if
it has to come back out your not pulling out the entire x-y axis harness and end stop wiring.

Tonight should be testing the axiz movements and realign the laser.
I had to spend one evening fixing the cutting bed, somehow it got bent in shipping
plus I cut down the stands for a focal distance of 63.8mm for the new focus lens I put in.
All that will go away when I get the z table and auto focus head.
Didn't want to put a ton of money into it till I could see how the new controller works out
I may end up needing the extra for a better tube and p/s
geartech

Post by geartech »

Got her fired up tonight, Worked right out of the box.
Just had to realign the laser path and she's happy.

Didn't end up needing the 5v power converter, My p/s has a 5v out and I just used that.
Could have used the 24v out on the p/s as well but I don't know the
current ratting and would rather have a dedicated supply for the electronics and motors.

Now to uninstall all the crap software I installed for the factory board, Lets hope that's as easy as the rest has been.
Thanks for a great product Marco. I thought I was going to be sick when I tried to use the cutter the way it came.
Felt like I threw away $400.00
The only thing I might have added in the kit is some of the small machine screws and screws for the micro sw install .
Those small self tapping screws were a little hard to find. Lucky I have a big spare parts bin.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”