Buying a K40 - Looking For Tips/Tricks/Suggestions

DonL

Re: Buying a K40 - Looking For Tips/Tricks/Suggestions

Post by DonL »

Cheers!

I did install a fan in the current PS, I will likely just order a new one to replace it as opposed to ordering in capacitors... Hopefully the fan will help and keep it operating, it looks different than the other PS units I saw posted so who knows, maybe they upgraded the CAPs already... I will try and figure that out when I perform the rebuild next month.

Any suggestions on the gantry? I saw one on the site here but it said 300x200 which is smaller than the current working area and I am not sure if the Z table will fit... I just want one that will hold up and run efficiently.

DonL :mrgreen:
seeigecannon

Re: Buying a K40 - Looking For Tips/Tricks/Suggestions

Post by seeigecannon »

DonL wrote:Cheers!

I did install a fan in the current PS, I will likely just order a new one to replace it as opposed to ordering in capacitors... Hopefully the fan will help and keep it operating, it looks different than the other PS units I saw posted so who knows, maybe they upgraded the CAPs already... I will try and figure that out when I perform the rebuild next month.

DonL :mrgreen:
If your new PSU is from LightObject you will likely be ok with the build quality. If you are getting a PSU elsewhere you should crack it open and give it a quick inspection.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”