help with upgrade few quesitons

hayesjl77

help with upgrade few quesitons

Post by hayesjl77 »

OK so far I love the new X7 dsp.

installed and the steppers are like silk now. Very smooth movement over the moshi board. The laser cad software is pretty kewl too vs laser draw.

First issue I am having:

Works on USB no problem
Connect to network gets IP address
Load up laser cad it sees machine ip perfect but says communication unsuccessful.

I would really like to get it to work on network.

second problem:

I did the 45 watt tube upgrade. Tube looks beautiful has metal head fits great works .... sort of.

First run it was getting 16mA at about 55% power.
second run it dropped to 12mA
third run it dropped to 10mA

Now it seems no matter what level I set the power at 100% it tops out at 10mA on the meter. I know its still working because if I set it to 30% it drops to 6 mA but 100% won go above 10mW
Not sure what is going on here.

Aside from that anyone considering the DSP and 1M tube upgrade its well worth it. It does take some work running the wires and getting it all hooked up and neatly but the 1M tube fits on the stock laser mounts and I barely had to adjust the mirrors. I did have to cut a 4" hole in the end of the case and hoping to see some of those case extensions come in soon but until then I got 4" PVC pipe and a cap and it fits perfect in the 4" hole and protects the tube. I got one of the oil/water pumps and it works great too however there are no fittings that come with it so I had to improvise considerably to get hoses hooked up to it. Downside is the larger hoses move more water but at lower pressure and the water sensor does not pick up the flow even on lowest setting so I have it bypassed for now.
Tech_Marco

Re: help with upgrade few quesitons

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you upgrade the LPSU or it is stock unit?
Did you get the tube from us? If so, then it is very strange as we tested about 5min before shipping it

How did you connect the pin on the laser tube?

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

Tech_Marco wrote:Did you upgrade the LPSU or it is stock unit?
Did you get the tube from us? If so, then it is very strange as we tested about 5min before shipping it

Marco

Everything ordered from you. PSU is new from you as well i got the 45 - 60W PSU. 215$ got the tube from you today 45watt 1M tube
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

hayesjl77 wrote:

Marco

Everything ordered from you. PSU is new from you as well i got the 45 - 60W PSU. 215$ got the tube from you today 45watt 1M tube
I have spent like 1500$ with you in the last 2 weeks.
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

hayesjl77 wrote:
hayesjl77 wrote:

Marco

side note I finally got the network to communicate I just had to keep trying IP addresses until it would take one.
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

hayesjl77 wrote:
hayesjl77 wrote:
hayesjl77 wrote:

Marco

side note I finally got the network to communicate I just had to keep trying IP addresses until it would take one.
I re wrapped the laser input on the pin with a wire twist tool and it is getting 14mA at 50% now. So seems good. These can run up to 18mA constant? or should run lower?

Thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Check the AC110v/220V switch

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

Tech_Marco wrote:Check the AC110v/220V switch

Marco

its fixed it seems to have been a bad connection on the input of the tube. Are there any connectors for these pins I can get?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just wrapped it up couple rounds then use a cable tide will take care it. It is better to glue it with silicon. Do not use solderingiron

Lose connection either the terminals are fatal.

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

Tech_Marco wrote:Just wrapped it up couple rounds then use a cable tide will take care it. It is better to glue it with silicon. Do not use solderingiron

Lose connection either the terminals are fatal.

Marco

Well I thought it was fixed I have wrapped it really good on both ends and it was doing great but now the power is dropping again. After running it a bit the power slowly gets lower and lower and seems to top out around 10 mA
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

Still not quite sure what the issue can be. All the wires are rock solid I used stranded appliance wire 16 guage 600V. Nothing is loose anywhere. Tube seems to cut fine just wont go over 10 or so mA. IT seems to creep up just a little the longer I use it and the power % does change it just seems to be self limiting to 10 ~ 11 mA. Even when I set the DSP to 100% power its not going over 11.2 highest and bounces from 11.2 to 9.8 during the cut.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

What is the "Max_Power" on the LaserCad setup?
What about the Min_power% on the layer setup?

Post a screen shot of Manufactures parameters and the laser layer setting.

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (88.91 KiB) Viewed 3836 times
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (139.79 KiB) Viewed 3836 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

What about the power setting on the work layer? What is the Max and Min power setting there?

BTW, you may want to set the X's Max_Acc to 6000 and Y's Max_Acc to 3000. Start Speed on X: 15 Y:15
It is irrelevant to your power case but it seems not right.

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

222.jpg
222.jpg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
This work layer?

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”