help with upgrade few quesitons

Tech_Marco

Re: help with upgrade few quesitons

Post by Tech_Marco »

Is the white or blue wire (negative) is firmly attached to the laser power supply? FYI, if the return is not hooked well, lower current will happen. The other possible which I don't want it happen is that the tube leak gas. You may want to use sand paper to polish two pins on the laser tube to make it better conductor. Never used a soldering iron to make connection. If unfortunate that it is a leak water tube, return it for a replacement.

You may try fire up the LPUS in full power without the DSP:

All on the LPSU terminals:
1) Connect +5V to the "IN"
2) Connect "WP" to the ground
3) Get a short wire and connect it to the "TL". Get another short wire connected to the Gnd. Once you tap the TL to the Gnd together, the LPSU will fire in full power. Don't let it fire up for over 2s, shorter is better. Check the current see if it can reach over 20mA
(make sure water is flowing)

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

ok manual fire still only 9.8 mA
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

and white wire very sold soldered to board not loose anywhere
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

ok so found the problem

switch for 110 is good but not make good connection with the board. I manual jump 110V close and manual fire again get 24.8 spike for split second then unfire. I will fix this by close that switch manually to 110v.
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

all fixed =) yay ty. Now that I have full power again what is a good rage I should be firing this 1M tube?

Thanks again
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

did a quick burn test and Im now getting this:

20% = 5 mA
25 = 5.7
30 = 6.5
35 = 7.2
40 = 8.3
45 = 11.5
50 = 14.5
55 = 16.5
60 = 18.2

didnt try past 60% not sure what the good range for power / lifespan is just yet. I know on item page I think it said 18 range constant was OK.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Great!
Remember not to over current!
A 1M 45W tube need 18mA for full power. In fact, use 16mA can keep it last longer. The Max power should be locked up to 70% or around. You may find the best % by doing test & try. Once Max% is locked, even a 100% output from the work layer will ensure that no over current is possible!

Great job!

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I will lock it to 55%. 16.5mA is Google enough to output 40W
Happy Laser!

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

TY MARCO!

I have to fly out to LA this Wednesday for work if your nearby Ill buy you lunch! I work at DIRECTV ELSegundo

-J
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Thanks but I'm a little far from the LA
We're located in Sacramento, Northern California. It take 6.5hrs to drive to L.A.

Thanks anyway.

BTW, is DirectTV offer Internet services? Our service provider "Clear" sold to Sprint and will terminate the service on Nov. I'm struggling to get service in my area that not even covered by Comcast or AT&. They either provide no service or an extremely slow speed like 768K/s is available. Who can survive with such low speed nowadays?!

Let me know so I'll call them for a quote if DirectTV is supporting Internet. Or, do you know who does?

Marco
hayesjl77

Post by hayesjl77 »

im sure we do now that we are AT&T we have uverse fiber, hughesnet sat internet, plus the whole line of AT&T dsl etc...
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Tried the AT&T, was told that it was extremely slow (3MB but no guarantee) and average speed was 1.5MB/s .

Comcast decided to do me a favor by routing a new cable to our facility. The package deal is $122.8/m with two analog phone line(including long D) to support our business phone, fax, and security line. For the AT&T, for just two local line (no long distance) cost us $86/month. The Comcast provide 16MB (slowest the can provide) which is faster than what we need. Our current Clear Wi-Fi support average 8MB/s. So, we will get double speed very soon! Yeap, we're back to the game!!

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”