AWC-608 installation... How to fit everything in

calley

AWC-608 installation... How to fit everything in

Post by calley »

I've been using my AWC-608 with my K40 for a while now and it works great. But I couldn't fit everything in the hatch in a satisfactory way.

I've had to keep the thing closed so it doesn't bother me. However, I'm currently in the middle of replacing the tube... so I figured I'd take the time to organise things better.

Anyone care to post some pictures of their setup? I'd like to see how others on this form did theirs.
Tech_Marco

Re: AWC-608 installation... How to fit everything in

Post by Tech_Marco »

I found this post quite interesting
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1676

Marco
calley

Post by calley »

Very interesting... though most of the pics dont work any more. so I haven't really seen what I'm looking for.

However, it did give me many new ideas. I'll try to remember post some pics here once I get it back together.

Thanks
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Mine's a mess – I wouldn't invite anyone to look at it! (but it sure works!)
:lol:
DonL

Post by DonL »

calley wrote:Very interesting... though most of the pics dont work any more. so I haven't really seen what I'm looking for.

However, it did give me many new ideas. I'll try to remember post some pics here once I get it back together.

Thanks
I have some parts on order to clean my setup. For example I have too large a driver for the Rotary so I ordered another mini driver that will sit along the divider with the rest, I have a Temp display ordered so I will remake the plate with the amp meter in it. Some more cable wrap to neat up the wires...

I had to remove the pedistal off the Beam Combiner and cut 1/2 inch off the main body so it would fit, otherwise the laser head hit when parking. I also lit up the work bay with strip LED lights all the way around, so the single strip goes across the front, up the left side following the angle of the lid, then up under the top and across the righ side to meet up again. Provides lots of light from all angles so no shadows.
Attachments
20151206_203209s.jpg
20151206_203209s.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
20151206_203336s.jpg
20151206_203336s.jpg (121.45 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
20151206_203327s.jpg
20151206_203327s.jpg (98.06 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
20151206_203257s.jpg
20151206_203257s.jpg (57.6 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
MicroBill

Post by MicroBill »

Here are a couple of pictures of my machine. It's been taking forever to get done but I just keep chipping away at it. Speaking of chipping away - that's what I started doing to the brick/block wall the past weekend. Knocking a small hole for the vent to go through.

It looks like I have the cooling figured out (see other thread of mine)

I bought an axial 4" vent fan to mount on the wall. Now I have to make a little "boot" to fit onto the back of the machine and connect to the 4" duct. The fan that came with the unit is a little too deep and I can't get the laser machine close enough to the wall - it wants to hang off the bench top with the stock fan.

The only other thing to do is get a little 120V-12VDC power supply. I need it for the amp meter and the two temp gauges. I got tired of smelling those little 24VDC-12VDC converters (after burning them up). The first time I smoked one of those converters was when I was running all three things off of it. I figured I was drawing too much current so I bought three more; one for each part. One of them smoked as soon as I put power to it. Connections were correct but I'm not messing with those converters any more.

Bill S.
Attachments
laser now.JPG
laser after.JPG
DonL

Post by DonL »

Nice Cable Management... For the power supply I have a couple power adapters for a hard drive reader, it is basically a 3a power adapter with isolated and regulated 5v and 12v outputs, it works great. lots of power for a fan, led strip lights and the LED meters.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EU-Standard-Hard ... SwGWNUYdWe
Attachments
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG (18.5 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
MicroBill

Post by MicroBill »

DonL wrote:Nice Cable Management... For the power supply I have a couple power adapters for a hard drive reader, it is basically a 3a power adapter with isolated and regulated 5v and 12v outputs, it works great. lots of power for a fan, led strip lights and the LED meters.

hammer d'uh...and to think how many of those I have laying around not being used.

I like where you put the beam combiner. I was hung up on figuring out how to fit it in the laser bay.
DonL

Post by DonL »

MicroBill wrote:
DonL wrote:Nice Cable Management... For the power supply I have a couple power adapters for a hard drive reader, it is basically a 3a power adapter with isolated and regulated 5v and 12v outputs, it works great. lots of power for a fan, led strip lights and the LED meters.

hammer d'uh...and to think how many of those I have laying around not being used.

I like where you put the beam combiner. I was hung up on figuring out how to fit it in the laser bay.
I have 3 of those supplied as well, Works sweet. The beam combiner was a challenge, I ended up getting out the hack saw and cutting 1/2 inch or so off so, between the two thumb screwes that hold the base in, one is plenty... the laser head does not hit it and the L bracket I used is screwed and glued, it sits just 1/16 above the gantry when the gantry hits the limit switch it just squeaks under the combiner. The red laser has helped me realign the beam and it is powered from the supply in the previous post.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”