K40 won't trace a path after its holiday

NickWL

K40 won't trace a path after its holiday

Post by NickWL »

I've not used my K40 with dsp for about three months – it was working perfectly back then.
I came to do a quick (ha ha!) job on it yesterday and when I hit start/pause it went from 'Idle' to 'Work' for a fraction of a second then back to 'Idle'. There was a short beep (I think before the 'Work') then a longer beep after.
The laser fires when I press 'Laser' but only for a fraction of a second.
If I run 'Box' it traces the box out correctly (I've tried several different files – file transfer appears OK – and the boxes seem right each time) and x-y movements respond correctly to all front panel controls.
It will not run a 'pen run' file although it will again trace the box correctly.

I have checked the interlocks (not suspect since the laser fires, but checked anyway).
I have run the memory format and I have reinstalled 150320.ug5

I have a job waiting to run and even though I spent two hours thinking it through in the middle of the night I am tearing my (last remaining bits of) hair out!

Can anyone come up with some (polite) suggestions?
Please...
Nick :eek:
Techgraphix

Re: K40 won't trace a path after its holiday

Post by Techgraphix »

With the Cap open You can fire the laser manual, You can Box (you can even fire the laser without waterflow! but if there is a water-problem you will get an error "Water Protect!) but when you start a you it will go idle direct after you started it..
Although you checked the interlocks you can try if the job starts with the cap open.. In that case you have to invert this setting in the lasercontroller (if AWC708C or X7 it can be set to factory-default somehow)
If not, you can always measure on the controllers connector if all those signals come right and with the correct level to there.
Another short test can be to UN-check the checkboxes Water Protect, Footswitch and Open Protect in the manufacturers Parameters (in Lasercad) and save them to the controller (read first, then alter and save... after that you can re-read to see if all is taken over by the controller)

Kees
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Thanks TG, I will try all that but the point is that it was working perfectly the last time I used it and so far as I know nothing has been changed since then (except for me installing a UG5)
nick
:?:
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

OK – I'm getting somewhere. It seems to be a mismatch between the UG5 upgrades and the version of Lasercad that I'm using.
I went back to an earlier Lasercad and it it (sort of) worked.
Can anyone tell me what is the most recent, totally stable version of Lasercad and UG5 file to work with a 608 please... Marco?
Nick
:oops:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to use the V7.60B. When you do the OS upgrade, make sure that all files saved in the DSP is removed.

Marco
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Many thanks Marco,
And which UG5 file should I be using?
Nick
:oops:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

150320V7.UG5 is the latest
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2591

There is no more update firmware available for the 608 unless bugs is found

If the latest firmware is causing any trouble, then you don't need to use it if you're not running Win8 through USB

Marco
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Thank you Marco! All back to normal now (except for a few power settings).
Phew!
N.
:P

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”