R5 vs. X7 DSP upgrade?

mr pickles

R5 vs. X7 DSP upgrade?

Post by mr pickles »

Hi, I see you now offer a Ruida R5 controller, how to decide between R5 and X7 controller upgrade for a K40?
Tech_Marco

Re: R5 vs. X7 DSP upgrade?

Post by Tech_Marco »

You don't need to go for R5 for K40. Just take AWC608 or X7 if you like the color screen. Remember that K40 is an 'entry' level machine. All the 608,X7, and R5 are industry grade laser controller where the AWC608 will no longer any upgrade since the X7 is launched. But it doesn't mean that it is not good. In fact, it is very stable and the features is more than you need in general. I won't invest too much on K40 for its simplicity design.

BTW, we're working a small 'Baby DSP controller" and I think it is a great little board for the K40 for someone who doesn't want to spent $400 for a full size DSP controller. It may take 2 months to get my prototype for testing. The price is $225 or less depends on the cost. I hope I can sell it for $195 and make DSP affordable to small machine like the K40. Of course the features and stability will be much better than the K40 stock board or the junk Moshi board. The baby DSP comes without LCD thought in the way to cut cost. The software is similar or may be compatible to the LaserCad.

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”