Upgrade from K40 to DSP ammeter question.

Bolt Action Pen

Upgrade from K40 to DSP ammeter question.

Post by Bolt Action Pen »

I'm a bit confused here. I've wired the ammeter, except for the green wire. I'm not sure where that connects to. I understand that this replaces the big green resistor. There are two yellow wires attached to the green resistor, one to the one side of the old ammeter, and one on the other side. Where does the green wire from the new ammeter attach to?

This old guy is totally confused! :? :? :?

Thanks
Techgraphix

Re: Upgrade from K40 to DSP ammeter question.

Post by Techgraphix »

We're confused too... green wires :geek: , green resistors :ugeek: ... what are you talking about? :mrgreen:
An Ampmeters should be IN the return wire from the lasertube (the thin wire that is connected with the lasertube on the side where the beam exits..)
Are there any fat green resistors??? :shock:
Show us your circuit, pls.. :?

Kees
Bolt Action Pen

Post by Bolt Action Pen »

green.jpg
green.jpg (94.16 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
This green wire. The K40 had a big, round, resistor that is no longer needed with the DSP upgrade.
The blue wire goes to the laser.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

OK, i think the red and black wire are the supplywires for the display (5V ?), the blue wire goes to the laser ( at the end where the beam comes out), then the green wire goes to the highvoltage supply.
With a Higvoltage supply, there are normaly two wires: on thick HV-cable (RED in most cases) and a thin wire, which is the return of the lasertube. Connect the blue wire from the meter to that thin wire.
So the meter is in series with the return wiree from the lasertube and will measure the current flowing through it.

Kees

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”