Air Assist setup

Cam Mayor

Air Assist setup

Post by Cam Mayor »

I just installed my air assist, it works wonderful !!! While hooking it up I was wondering how everybody else did the hookup. I still have not really tied down the hoses and would like to know if anyone is using any kind of air regulation.

I hooked mine up using this tubing from the frame to the head.
http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap2200.html
I was thinking of attaching it to the bottom left of the lid, this would lift it out of the way when I open the cover and still keep it out of the way while cutting. Would anybody have some more input on what they did.

I also am using a 90 lpm aquarium pump, the only reason being it seemed the best value for the volume. Could this be too much air for some jobs though. I read somewhere that less air should be used on acrylic and for engraving and more air for cutting wood.

I really should have asked these questions before I started this project but it is a hobby so doing things twice is acceptable.
Techgraphix

Re: Air Assist setup

Post by Techgraphix »

I have a cableguide running from the head to the brigde inwhere the airassist-tube and the cable for the autofocus-proximity-sensor rests.
More photo's on request, ofcourse..
Käser04.jpg
Käser04.jpg (49.99 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
One thing i can advise you is to make the tube as thick (internal diameter) as possible. And only reduce it where there is no place for thicker.
My tube, at the bridge to head, is 6mm but from the bridge to the pump is 10mm.. This gives you the most pressure at the nozzle..

Kees

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”