Already problems with upgrade.

Bolt Action Pen

Already problems with upgrade.

Post by Bolt Action Pen »

Reading the instructions for removing the flat bed says that there are 5 screws to remove. My machine appears to have rivets rather than screws. Is that a correct assumption? There is no way to insert a screwdriver, Torx driver, or another kind of tool.

Are these really rivets, and do I need to drill them out and replace with screws?

Thanks much.

Darrell
pwoyorkie

Re: Already problems with upgrade.

Post by pwoyorkie »

Having removed this myself today there are 5 screwson the flat bed itself and 5 under the unit.

I only have experience (or lack of) with my own machine though so its quite possible there are rivets. Thats unlucky if its the case :(

I hope your upgrade goes smoother than mine. Im not much further than you and stuck also lol
Bolt Action Pen

back2.jpg
back2.jpg (64.27 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
back1.jpg

This is what I see. There a some bolts with nuts showing, but the photo in the manual indicates there are 5 spacer tubes supporting the flat bed. That's what has the funny rivet looking things.
Bolt Action Pen

I figured it out. They are, in fact, screws. Don't know what type, as nothing in my tool chest would work. I did finally get them out using a pair of vice grips. Think I'll replace them with something more standard when I put it back together.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”