Questiona about doing the DSP upgrade.

Bolt Action Pen

Questiona about doing the DSP upgrade.

Post by Bolt Action Pen »

1. Will the upgrade make the cutter work with Windows 8.1?
2. Do I need new software, or does it still use the Moshidraw stuff?
3. This looks like all of the original boards are removed and replaced with a different board and adds more controls. Is this a correct assumption?

I'm sure I will have more questions, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Thanks for any response/help.

Darrell
Tech_Marco

Re: Questiona about doing the DSP upgrade.

Post by Tech_Marco »

Bolt Action Pen wrote:1. Will the upgrade make the cutter work with Windows 8.1?

Ans: Yes, you can run on Win7 and Win8 through USB connection or through Ethernet (faster)

2. Do I need new software, or does it still use the Moshidraw stuff?

Ans: Forget that sh...t. You use LaserCad for power and speed control. Also, you use the LaserCad to import files from DXF, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Jpg.... most graphics files. The laserCAd only provide minimal drawing tools.So ,you better have CorelDraw, Illustrator, or AutoCad..that support vector and raster format.

3. This looks like all of the original boards are removed and replaced with a different board and adds more controls. Is this a correct assumption?

Ans: Yes. What we need is the hardware from the K40 and may be the LPSU (laser power supply). You may use the optics for now but sooner or later, you may want to upgrade it as well.

I'm sure I will have more questions, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Thanks for any response/help.

Darrell

Remember that you paid roughly $600 for K40, it is nothing it can do about it with such low cost. They (manufacturers) put down the less expensive items as much they can to cut cost. So, no complain because that's why you paid for. Sometimes people just blame on "Made in China" product with low quality. Well, don't forget that iPhone, Dell, IBM, Samsung,... all make in China. It is not fair to say that product made in China must be junk. It all depends how much you paid for it.

Marco
Bolt Action Pen

It's becoming increasingly clear that I did not do the proper research before I purchased this machine. Apparently I'll need to spend upwards of $500, to upgrade the machine to a nice functional level, and then spend $700 to $1000 for software.

I can see that this is not going to work for me, and may need to sell the machine. :(
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Cored raw may only cost you around $80 to $100
Even older version work well

Marco
Bolt Action Pen

Been looking at Corel Draw, so that may be the way to go.

Is this version acceptable? Corel CorelDRAW Home and Student Suite X7 (3-Users).

As you can probably tell, I really am a noobie! I have done some things with Paint Shop Pro, and other programs, so I am somewhat familiar with graphic programs. Just not sure about using one with the laser.

Thanks.
pwoyorkie

Post by pwoyorkie »

Other users may correct me if I'm wrong but if you dont want to spend money on software you could try using something like Inkscape which is a free vector graphics editor.

I've never used it as I have both coreldraw and illustrator however I would imagine it would do what you need it to do.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The come with LaserCad provideso an import feature allowing it to imports many different graphics format. For example, it take DXF, PLT, AI, .jpg,.bmp....and many other types.
Technically speaking, any graphic software with export function should work just fine. Or send me a file to test

Marco
Bolt Action Pen

I'm planning to purchase the upgrade for the $568.00 dollar version, but before I do, I need to verify that the stock K40 power supply is adequate. I'm assuming that it is.

Thanks.

Darrell
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to post the image of the LPSU or I can't tell

Marco
Bolt Action Pen

I hope this is what you need to see. I don't see any Model numbers anywhere, nor any kind of sticker/label anywhere.

ps3.jpg
ps3.jpg (101.75 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
ps2.jpg
ps2.jpg (80.27 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
ps1.jpg
ps1.jpg (128.92 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Thanks,
Darrell
Bolt Action Pen

I must be missing something here. I've received an e-mail message with links to the software and manuals, etc., for the DSP upgrade. It talks about copying and unzipping a file (UG5 extension) to a memory stick. I've formatted a memory stick as a FAT32 format, but i cannot find a file with a UG5 extension.

Can anyone tell me where i've missed it? I have downloaded 4 files with .rar extensions, as well as the manuals and diagrams.

Thanks,

Darrell
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You don't have to do the upgrade as it may be the latest.

Marco
pwoyorkie

Post by pwoyorkie »

I didnt get this email when i ordered :/
Bolt Action Pen

pwoyorkie wrote:I didnt get this email when i ordered :/

I received an email message that included two other recipients. It had links to d/l files, but also included links that didn't apply to my upgrade.
pwoyorkie

Post by pwoyorkie »

:lol:

No I definately didnt receive it.

Marco do you think i could get sent a copy?

Cheers

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”