So I ordered my x7 DSP kit and a power table but.....

pwoyorkie

So I ordered my x7 DSP kit and a power table but.....

Post by pwoyorkie »

Is everything I need included in the power table?

Do I need anything else for it to work?

My order already shipped :?
weeb

Re: So I ordered my x7 DSP kit and a power table but.....

Post by weeb »

Mine is worked from my DSP controller so the only extra thing I needed was a stepper motor driver. I just orderd an extra one, same as the ones that power the X and Y axis. So you need 3 in total, 2 come with the DSP kit. If you can catch Marco before he dispatches your order, get him to put another one put in. 2 limit switches if you want but not required, mine works fine without them. If you aren't going to wire Z table through DSP controller you will need the small driver.tester board that Marco sells. Hope this helps.
pwoyorkie

Post by pwoyorkie »

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm going to be missing a stepper motor driver as my order is currently on a plane I believe :lol:

I'll have to see if I can pick one up locally as international shipping will be a little expensive just for that I think
pwoyorkie

Post by pwoyorkie »

Marco has replied via email. All sorted :)
weeb

Post by weeb »

Nice one. Keep us informed how you get on m8. Trust me, you won't regret it. Once the kit arrives, it looks quite daunting, but you just gotta hit it head on. The conversion itself doesn't take long, once you have sussed the wiring it's a scoot.
I humbed and hawed about where to drill the limit switches because that is probably one of the most important parts of the puzzle and didn't want to get it wrong, so I kinda invented an adjustable base for the limit switches using prototype
board and M3 nuts and bolts which allowed me to fine tune the switch once I had it mounted.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Don't forget to download the "Step by Step" conversion procedure. It is not perfect but it should help to some extent.

Marco ;)
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

While it's not near as permanent, I used 'servo tape' to mount my limit switches and they holding really well thus far. Might be useful for those who aren't sure of the screw placement as they are, techincally, moveable.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”