Why upgrade D40/k40?

davewolfer

Why upgrade D40/k40?

Post by davewolfer »

I just received my laser D40/k40. I want to upgrade since everyone says it is better but no one says how. My question is how does the upgrade improve the machine I bought. No manual with the machine suggests I will struggle with the software and the processing of a project much more struggling with using the machine if I figure out the software.

Can some one tell me what the upgrade kit does to make this machine better? What does upgrade fix or improve?
waltfl

Re: Why upgrade D40/k40?

Post by waltfl »

hi there
the upgrade to a DSP fix and improve everything's.
the machine would be reliable , not to stop in the middle of a project, you can much more precise engrave,
you get help from this forum to solve any eventuell problems in the beginning and you get upgrades from marco here.
greetings waltfl

davewolfer wrote:I just received my laser D40/k40. I want to upgrade since everyone says it is better but no one says how. My question is how does the upgrade improve the machine I bought. No manual with the machine suggests I will struggle with the software and the processing of a project much more struggling with using the machine if I figure out the software.

Can some one tell me what the upgrade kit does to make this machine better? What does upgrade fix or improve?
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Also you get to use decent software with massively more fine control over many more variables.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Hi Dave,
As you just received the laser, i would say play with it. If you are happy with it as it is (very unlikely...but...) stick with that.
When the amount of failures rises and your frustration exceeds a certain level, then think of spending about half the price of the laser at a decent controller.
If you're an absolute nitwit at electronics scratch behind your ears twice. study, ask and learn... If you can handle a small screwdriver you are likely capable enough to build in a decent lasercontroller.
It's really worth the effort.
But remember some voltages are really lethal and making mistakes costs hundreds of dollars/euro's.. not to make you afraid but just warn you to be very cautious.. WRITE things down and in case of doubt: ASK first!
Although my controller is a bit older (AWC608) i think i can tell you more than enough to build a good laser. If the newest controllers where really cheap i would buy one, just to play with it and find out things to help other people... but 1/2Keuro's is just a bit too much for me, just for the fun.. i need to buy food too, pay the mortage etc..

Kees

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”