Orange vs. Clear window

bdavid

Orange vs. Clear window

Post by bdavid »

I bought several of these, I just got one with a clear instead of orange window. My 80w laser has a clear window but I've never seen one on the small k40s before - is it safe or should I replace it?

Thanks
Azirithdorr

Re: Orange vs. Clear window

Post by Azirithdorr »

For the ilfe of me, I can only find one actual reference to the effectiveness of the orange window and that was, to paraphrase:

The colour of the window ( amber ) doesn't matter, it's the acrylic that filters the light coming through. The amber colour is just to cut down glare.

I don't have enough experience to trust that without some backup data to support it, so I'm going to use a pair of approved goggles.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Orange just looks much more interesting and it makes the weak mechanical structure inside less obvious and visible.... But hey, look at lasers of a more professional make.. They have almost all clear acrylic covers..
Those goggles are intended for open-beam lasers or people that want their laser work with the cap open.. No need for when your cover is closed. Nothing will pass the acrylic sheet of your cover, unless you burn a hole in it.. :roll: These goggles are no more and no less than just a piece of acrylic sheet molded in a fancy form..

Kees
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

Well huh.. good to know.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”