K40 x7 upgrade help

CYBORG

K40 x7 upgrade help

Post by CYBORG »

I am having an issue figuring out the LPSU wiring for the x7 upgrade as I believe my k40 lpsu seems different than what is in the instructions and on the forums. I would appreciate any advice.
Attachments
20150618_195336.jpeg
Techgraphix

Re: K40 x7 upgrade help

Post by Techgraphix »

This looks the same LPSU as in this topic..
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2684&p=12809&hilit=moshi#p12805
I think he got it working now..

Kees
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

I second the above thread - I had the same power supply and used that topic and it worked for me.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Techgraphix wrote:This looks the same LPSU as in this topic..
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2684&p=12809&hilit=moshi#p12805
I think he got it working now..

Kees
You are correct kees. Thank you kindly.
However, i believe i fried the LPSU. Everything worked fine but wen it went to home positions, it kept skipping hard. I thought it was due to the power cord i had not having a neutral. So, then connected a good cord & now nothing. No power. Nadda. The lpsu fuse is ok.

Do i need to get a replacement lpsu?
If so, any ideas where to get 1?
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Is this power supply also switchable to 110?
http://www.lightobject.com/20W45W-PWM-C ... -P885.aspx
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

I don't personally own that supply, but the stats do suggest it's strictly 220v.

I can only speak for mine, which is from the same 'family' of supplies, but it has a switch on the front which allows the voltage change - the image of this one does not have that switch visible.
blithespirit

Post by blithespirit »

Can you see any lights on the stepper motor drivers? I have just completed the upgrade and when I get power I see a green light on my drivers, also have you used a live and ground for your power switch as it too should light up when on. if you only have a single cable it will not light up but try to use two to get a confirmation the unit is working.

Have you installed the emergency push button, if so is it down? when you press it down you need to twist it to bring it back up again, it is not automatic and can catch you out.

This will establish if you have power going through the (A) power cable, (B) 24v power supply (C) LPSU, and from there it will become easy to trouble shoot, did you use the wiring diagram listed in the forum which was a great help to me and made sure I got it right, invaluable in my opinion.

Lastly swap around the micro switch wires on the AWC708C, sounds like the first issue was because they are the wrong way round and the X micro switch was into the Y connector.

Just a couple of things to look at to start trouble shooting.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

No, no lights on stepper drivers or the lpsu. I have not installed the emergency kill button.
Using multimeter, I have v going into the lpsu, and on the fuse inside. So, it's getting juice, must be something in the board that popped.
But, I do not see any signs anywhere.

Weird tho, the fan wont even come on.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Ok now im lost. I ordered/received the JLD60W lpsu. Installed it and still wont power on. Multimeter shows power coming into it. The fan inside the lpsu nor the fan on the back of the laser case will come on.

Any ideas anyone?
Im missing something.

I can post more pics tomorrow if needed.
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

It seems like your power issues started after the skipping and then you did a change to your wiring:

"I thought it was due to the power cord i had not having a neutral. So, then connected a good cord & now nothing. " ?

I'm assuming you mean your power cord didn't have a ground - as in the third prong, but only had two? Have you, by chance, checked for voltage at any of the leads coming out of your PSU ( such as going to your 24v) to see if they are properly getting juice? Also, since you asked earlier about the 120/220VAC switching, which are you working with?
Last edited by Azirithdorr on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

You may be correct. I did change the power strip back to the 1 i was originally using. I may have gotten the wires mixed on the plug receptacle inside the machine. I will check tonight. Am at work right now.
Btw, i am using 110vac.
For the receptacle Inside the machine, i think i have it as top prong = ac, middle prong = ground, bottom prong = ac (neutral).
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Figured it out. It was a short in the machine side receptacle.
Now, to figure out the rest of the wiring.
Thanks for all the help Azirith.
Azirithdorr

Post by Azirithdorr »

Hehe, not much help, but you're welcome.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”