Air assist head

dave92

Air assist head

Post by dave92 »

Hi all,

Recently purchased the LO Air assist cutting head. I am having major difficulties getting it working. I've put my existing lens and mirrors in but I noticed this is made for 18mm lens and I have a 12mm lens. I've cut a washer to accommodate the smaller lens. I can't seem to get the beam to exit the lens in the centre. When I attach the Nozzle part the beam reflects and I'm getting double cuts. I've spent ages aligning the mirrors to no avail. The beam is hitting the cutting head mirror roughly in the centre. I've since replaced my old cutting head and it's working properly again. How do i solve this?
Azirithdorr

Re: Air assist head

Post by Azirithdorr »

With my -very- limited experience so far, I've been having issues too. I've tried to adjust my mirrors so that they're very centered, but with the new head, my beam works near home ( upper left ) but then must hit inside the head as the laser is moved away ( mainly upper right ) since it doesn't even mark. I guess it's a matter of adjustment, adjustment, adjustment.

My other issue with the AA head is that I can't seem to get it tight and still have the AA nipple facing away from the laser entry hole. I'm guessing some sort of -very- small washer may help that issue. ( Edit: a fresh morning mind sure helps - I was able to align them easily when I loosened the retaining screw on the bottom-most section of the head and simply retightened it in the correct position - duh. )
Tech_Marco

Re: Air assist head

Post by Tech_Marco »

Smaller focus lens got less 'tolerance' on beam's aiming angle. Unless you can make up a nice washer ring (I suggest to use plywood), then centered the lens in the middle of the ring. The best thing to do is to get a proper size focus lens and get rid of the hassle. The manufactures are trying to cut cost and use smaller and smaller focus lens. It used to be 18mm, then 15mm, then 14mm... and now 12mm. What a joke!

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”