Own Custom build of a D40/K40 chinese CO2 Laser

bensor

Own Custom build of a D40/K40 chinese CO2 Laser

Post by bensor »

Hello all together,

iam new in this forum! I bought a couple of years ago a D40/K40 chinese Co2 Laser with 40Watt. It doenst work. But it was cheap. After a long time i restart this project and changed a lot of things on the machine.
I bought some things from lightobject to get better results.
In this post i will show my changes and improvements. Moreover i will ask some questions i still have!

Okay here we go. First i have some problems with the electonic. A chinese powersupply without any documentation. So i decide to rip it out and buy a new one.

A few weeks ago the machine looks like that.
1.jpg
1.jpg (160.78 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
I rip of the hole X-Y-Stage. Because i dont like it and there is not really much space to make big cuts! The motors are not really big. So i cant drive high speed on engraving.
2.jpg
2.jpg (171.45 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
The small motors:
3.jpg
3.jpg (142.6 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
23.jpg
23.jpg (161.12 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
After ripping everything out i need to do a better construction. I have the option to use a machining park with milling and turning machines. So i make a new construction for the X-Y Stage.
It takes about a week and i have a good construction. For the hole construction i use the constructionprofiles which marco uses for his selfbuild laser-cutters. Milling all the parts takes about 2 weeks. Everyday after work i finish 1-2 parts and build them slowly together.
Here is the result:
11.jpg
11.jpg (139.64 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (95.61 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (145.28 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
With my new X-Y-Stage i can cut in X300mm and in Y270mm. I have to do some more improvements.
I need a new laser-head. The old one is without air-support. I bought a new one at lightobject with air-support.
In addition i need new mirrors. So there are new ones. I bought the gold-plated from lightobject. They come in a great packaging and really fast.
I live an europe and every order takes about 10-20days. And i never have any problems!

Okay now it looks like this. I cut of the housing at the front side. Because i want to open it for bigger parts!

The new mirror:
19.jpg
The new laserhead:
20.jpg
20.jpg (165.64 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
The new laser-controller:
24.jpg
24.jpg (125.55 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
At the moment the machine looks like this:
22.jpg
22.jpg (162.07 KiB) Viewed 1844 times

I have to do some other improvements. I bought the ampere-meter and a reddot laser. The ampere-meter i will use to check out how much power my laser have.
The reddot laser is for position the parts and setting my focus. I find a nice way to check my focus with it. I will post it later.
31.jpg
For the next week i have a lot of stuff to do:
I will build in the ampere-meter and the reddot. And i will build the fume-extraction. Cleaning up the electric and find out why i cant make some things with the software.
I will post my questions here. I hope you like it. If you have any questions or improvements for me, feel free to write them down!

Regards bensor

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”