K40 actual achievable resolution

phoenixamaranth

K40 actual achievable resolution

Post by phoenixamaranth »

Hi, I'm looking to possibly pickup one of these to do some small scale detail work. I'm talking details in the 0.1mm to 0.5mm in width. I've been scouring youtube looking at samples from this machine and I can't find any good resources to know if this laser can actually focus this well or not. Most of what I have found are line widths easily over 1-2mm. Do any of you that own this machine know if it can really do precision below 1mm? The specs all list yes, but again, I've not found any examples.

Thanks
waltfl

Re: K40 actual achievable resolution

Post by waltfl »

hi there
the line with is way below 1mm it depends what focal lens you got and how exact you adjust your focal distance.
greetings
waltfl

phoenixamaranth wrote:Hi, I'm looking to possibly pickup one of these to do some small scale detail work. I'm talking details in the 0.1mm to 0.5mm in width. I've been scouring youtube looking at samples from this machine and I can't find any good resources to know if this laser can actually focus this well or not. Most of what I have found are line widths easily over 1-2mm. Do any of you that own this machine know if it can really do precision below 1mm? The specs all list yes, but again, I've not found any examples.

Thanks
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

I've printed the 'Aztec Calendar' disk at 4" diameter and have (just this minute) measured line thickness at 0.2mm.
I printed this ages ago with a 50(±)mm lens – long before I'd learned to set it all up optimally.
:ugeek:
phoenixamaranth

Post by phoenixamaranth »

Thank you both for your replies. That is exactly wanted to know and is very helpful. Much appreciated.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”