K40 PSU / LO 708 upgrade question

Spleen

K40 PSU / LO 708 upgrade question

Post by Spleen »

Going through the upgrade process... Setting up the wiring and I am not entirely sure what the correct way to run power from the existing PSU to the 708 should be. I also find zero diagrams or instructions for the 708 specifically, but it seems similar enough to the 608 that I am just winging it.

I just got a brand new power supply sent to me by the original laser seller because the original one died. So I am trying to just keep that in there. It also already has 24v and 5v terminals, which would let me skip the second power supply and 24v/5v chip thing.

The existing PSU is identical to this guy : http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/ ... I/$_57.JPG which may be the same PSU many of you are using or started with. (That seems to be two stacked on top of each other to show both sides in the picture) The four pins on the main connector to the right of the switch connectors are 24v, gnd, 5v, L (L = laser output?)

My question is : am I supposed to hook that L up to TTL/4 on the 708? Should the 24v go to the PWM/3 terminal? I don't really want to just try things and see what happens.

Also, am I supposed to skip the three smaller plugs (test switch / laser switch / potentiometer) because the 708 handles that now?
Tech_Marco

Re: K40 PSU / LO 708 upgrade question

Post by Tech_Marco »

Connection of 708 and 608 is identical beside different layout. Only three wires is required for PWM TTL Gnd. That's all you need for the LPUS connection

I don't know too much about the LPUS you have and I can't do support for it because I don't have any for testing. It is a non standard LPSU. You need to contact the seller to get more information of that particular LPSU

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”