Just drawing a single line after upgrade

Jason

Just drawing a single line after upgrade

Post by Jason »

Hi all,

I have just finished the 608 upgrade to a K40 and have followed the instructions to cut the box on a piece of paper and then measure it. I have done this and entered the UM values completed the reset.

I redrew the box to check the result downloaded it and now it comes up with beyond size, continue? when you accept this it only cuts a line along the Y axis then stops and returns to home. Any Ideas?

Regards Jason
NickWL

Re: Just drawing a single line after upgrade

Post by NickWL »

Best guess would be that you got a decimal point wrong entering the new numbers. Certainly worth re-entering as a try.
Nick 8-)
Jason

Post by Jason »

No values look good I have even tried resetting UM to 5.0 and testing the square again and just a single line.

Reinstalled LaserCad and still the same thing?

Any Ideas?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Check the "User Parameters" where you will see the Page Zero and Machine zero. Make sure it match your Home location.
Also, on the menu bar, there is a button name "Position Relative" make sure it match the Home location as well
After those parameters fixed, you should be able to cut the square box. But, before doing so, make sure you zoom out the image as the original drawing for sure will be out of the boundary. Ether center it or redraw it. Then, the last step is to hit "RESET" button on the LCD panel to take the new setting in effect

Marco
Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks Marco

It fixed the problem.

Regards Jason

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”