Will the k40 upgrade work for my laser

bradc321

Will the k40 upgrade work for my laser

Post by bradc321 »

Hello. I bought a used 40 whatt Chinese laser. I believe it is a yh-k2 laser made by yinghe. I'd like to upgrade it with the dsp upgrade for the k40 laser. I need to know if this upgrade kit has all I need to get this laser properly running on mach3? If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tech_Marco

Re: Will the k40 upgrade work for my laser

Post by Tech_Marco »

DSP is a graphic interface driven while Mach3 is more code driven application by G-code. It is two different "world" and the DSP card doesn't understand G code

Marco
bradc321

Post by bradc321 »

Well im hoping to do mostly engraving of text and images. I guess my question is will this upgrade allow me to do this? I'm capable of doing the upgrade. But I don't really know what I need to upgrade it for my porpoise.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, of course. If it is not capable to do text or graphic, why bother to sell or buy the DSP! There are so many folks have completed the projected, converting the K40 or DIII or upgrade their machine from Leetro 6215 to our AWC608 or LO-X7.

With the DSP installed, your machine can be used to handle very complicated graphics for cutting or for engraving. If doing graphics is fine, then doing text is too simple to be mentioned as it is the most simple task to be done.

Marco

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”