Engraving / cutting in reverse

Boostinben

Engraving / cutting in reverse

Post by Boostinben »

Well i am extremely happy to say that the upgrade on my machine has been a great success so far. I managed to retrofit the machine without any major issues following the guide and wiring schematic on this site, i am very appreciative for those and for the helpful posts in this forum.

I have been making some test cuts / engravings in Plexiglass and mdf. I first made a test cut on mdf with the built in test file which turned out great.

I then loaded up LaserCad and downloaded a file that i had imported into the program in .dxf format from Illustrator and once downloaded into my controler it appears to be correct but when cuts is in reverse. I have included some photos to better illustrate the problem.

The default test cut file looks to be correct.

A logo I uploaded from LaserCad appears to be facing the correct way.

Here is the output part .... in reverse :?: :?

I did another quick test where in i created some text directly in LaserCad to see if it could possibly have to do with the dxf i was importing into LaserCad and even with text created inside the program I got the same result it appears to be correct on the controller screen after download but cuts in reverse on mdf.

Anyone know of why that may be?

thanks

Ben
Tech_Marco

Re: Engraving / cutting in reverse

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is about Page zero and machine zero issue. Use LaserCad parameters setup to correct it. Make it match to the home limit switch. Also, check the manual bar there is a button name "Position relative".

Marco
Boostinben

Re: Engraving / cutting in reverse

Post by Boostinben »

Thanks Marco! I swapped the settings and it fixed the problem. The only thing I noticed now is that the LCD controller shows the cut status in reverse to what is cutting inside the laser. I'll keep playing around with the settings to see if I can get it all in the same order.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”